Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh but theres a great deal of difference between 19 and 21?

And if age is not the determining factor, how come Kane did not do it at 20?
There's about 9 months between Kane becoming Spurs starting striker back in season 2014/15 and C-L being asked to do the same now. It really isn't about age.

Another dangerous game is to hand over the asking price for a player without standing your ground and finding a middle point to agree upon. That attitude will haunt us in future transactions. We've done it this summer because Koeman isn't bothered about medium to long term considerations of that nature.

If we were a club that had a lot of squad investment independent of player sales I wouldn't be concerned about paying over the odds by £10M or so. But we aren't in that position.
How do you know your last statement is correct
And don't say because it's always been this way
So basically you don't know the clubs finances so you are in the same boat as everyone else , pure speculation and gossipmongering.

Probably take Slimani, but no way on God's earth should anyone even be thinking about Remi, possibly one of the most ordinary players I have ever seen, pure mercenary.
Terrible attitude.

I think I'd rather go with what we have than bring him in. However it might be a temptation if no one else is within our orbit fee/wage wise.

I think it goes further back than the Sigurdsson deal, tbh.

We seem to have added three players who can all play in a similar role in: Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

I would have focused on the striker deal early doors, along with Keane/Pickford, and then got them deals over the line.
In a summer when you KNEW a guaranteed 20-25 goals was going out the door the urgent task had to be to find a replacement. No doubt some will argue the goals can be found across the team, but does this currently constituted team look like one that can pile up goals to you?

Me neither.

In a summer when you KNEW a guaranteed 20-25 goals was going out the door the urgent task had to be to find a replacement. No doubt some will argue the goals can be found across the team, but does this currently constituted team look like one that can pile up goals to you?

Me neither.

It doesn't matter if we aren't conceding any? I'll take 1-0s all day if we get the points. Beats losing 4-3 every game...

We wou
I think it goes further back than the Sigurdsson deal, tbh.

We seem to have added three players who can all play in a similar role in: Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

I would have focused on the striker deal early doors, along with Keane/Pickford, and then got them deals over the line.
we would have got bent bent over backward if we had gone for a striker first.
Clubs would know we had cash to burn and would have taken advantage
Look at Barca now , RS bending them over and using no lube.
Similarly when Couthino goes the RS will bet bent over and the lube will be swarfega with iron filings in it.
We went about our buisness correctly imo

Me neither.

I know people like to argue with you mate but I don't see they can with this one. It's blatant.

I really think they thought they had Giroud all but tied up and then got shot down late on by him.

Not having alternatives is ridiculous so you'd hope they have ideas and can sort this.

DCL did a pretty decent job against City....like say say, doesn't need to be finished, just capable.

We can't keep uncovering £28m gems that no-one knows about, but have proven goalscoring records and established PL experience.
It's the manager's judgement though. What are your words of advice to him, because he sees him as too raw to go with upfront this season?

Another dangerous game is to hand over the asking price for a player without standing your ground and finding a middle point to agree upon. That attitude will haunt us in future transactions. We've done it this summer because Koeman isn't bothered about medium to long term considerations of that nature.

If we were a club that had a lot of squad investment independent of player sales I wouldn't be concerned about paying over the odds by £10M or so. But we aren't in that position.
Oh. that old nugget AGAIN:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back