Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything happened since I've been out?. Save me reading through 15 pages.;)
Not much. There have been calls for Sam Vokes, Benteke and Andy Carroll. Oh, and a shout for getting Remi in on a season loan. I'm not big on any of those calls, but I'll defer to the much smarter football minds on here...

How can anyone not see that 7 days left of a three month transfer window constitutes a panicky race to get some one in?
Too definitive that mate. They may have something lined up. Anyway. You set up the punch line nicely there. If it happens (Remy on loan) I'll be the first one on here praising your superior insight and knowledge Dave.

...two league games this season without Lukaku;

Everton 1 Stoke City 0

Manchester City 1 Everton 1.

The corresponding games last season with Lukaku;

Everton 1 Stoke 0

Manchester City 1 Everton 1.

It really is too early to be making judgements.

So you'd be relaxed acing the rest of the season without a recognised orthodox CF coming in?

Not much. There have been calls for Sam Vokes, Benteke and Andy Carroll. Oh, and a shout for getting Remi in on a season loan. I'm not big on any of those calls, but I'll defer to the much smarter football minds on here...
Cheers;)

just seen the Remy call first hand and Vokes was mentioned just before I went out.

That's just not true. There is no range of data you or anyone can turn to that shows a non-financial elite PL club like us spending £30M with regularity for players in this window...and to other non-financial elite teams. The elite are in a position to exact such huge fees, but not those clubs.

Anyway, that debate is now I suppose for next week once all deals are done and we can see what's what.

Now is time for wondering who the hell we bring in as a striker.
How do you know we are not financially elite ??

20 is age enough to lead a team. Dolberg is 19 and leads Ajax's attack.
Leading the ajax attack is something totally different from leading the Everton attack. Or now you suddenly take the Dutch league verry serious????

I hate to say it but my 'popgun attack' thread was prescient.

I could sense early on that Koeman was not looking to prioritise up front. I think now he sees that the attacking force he has assembled this summer are way out of their depth in terms of playing a false nine system and he's now in a blind panic to bring a more orthodox striker in.

Whaha koeman's been saying that he wants a new striker all summer. You really believe your own fantasy.

That's pretty much a whole season of football though, Dave. At that age a player can progress very rapidly from the fringes of the squad to a nailed on starter. I don't think DCL should be leading our line as first choice, and I don't think after next week he will be, but to say at his age that he has no talent is ridiculous.
He needs to be sent out like Kane was to Norwich and Leicester and Millwall.

I find it utterly bizarre that a manager sending out Dowell and probably Kenny and Lookman would think C-L doesn't require the experience of regular football down there. His game is the type that wont suffer through that experience....unlike say Dowell's.

I think it goes further back than the Sigurdsson deal, tbh.

We seem to have added three players who can all play in a similar role in: Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

I would have focused on the striker deal early doors, along with Keane/Pickford, and then got them deals over the line.

Rooney(these days) and Siggy could be said to be quite similar, but Klaasen is different(allowing for him to get up to speed a bit)...Klaasen seems to be quick of thought(not feet,yet,if ever) and good at arriving in the box late to do damage. Rooney may well be our main striker at least until Christmas, dropping deeper in the last 25 minutes of games when he tires. Looking at the strikers available(hardly any top class...very hard to 'replace Lukaku' directly), a sharp,fit, Rooney for an hour might be our most effective choice.

Of the strikers who have moved this window, who do you think we should have gone for? There aren't many!

He needs to be sent out like Kane was to Norwich and Leicester and Millwall.

I find it utterly bizarre that a manager sending out Dowell and probably Kenny and Lookman would think C-L doesn't require the experience of regular football down there. His game is the type that wont suffer through that experience....unlike say Dowell's.
Can't see Lookman being loaned out, especially if we get through tonight. We will have plenty of games this year and lots of opportunities for our younger players to grow with the senior squad. I'd personally rather DCL played 25/30 games with us this season than 40 in the Championship.

Harry Kane had around 80 professional games under his belt before that breakthrough season.

DCL has around 30.

It's more about experience
...more experience in the Championship.

That's where C-L should spend a season or two, I take it that's what you're advocating given that was what Kane did before his breakthrough in the PL for Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back