Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Lookman being loaned out, especially if we get through tonight. We will have plenty of games this year and lots of opportunities for our younger players to grow with the senior squad. I'd personally rather DCL played 25/30 games with us this season than 40 in the Championship.
Kenny and Dowell also.

So you'd be relaxed acing the rest of the season without a recognised orthodox CF coming in?

..no, but from all I've heard from the manager that is the aim.

Like much of last season, I'm more concerned with the lack of creativity and tempo. I want us to create chances, get players ahead of the CF (like Gueye did against Hadjuk). The top sides would've picked City off on Monday. We did everything that was asked defensively (as well as riding our luck), but we didn't get players breaking in numbers when they were gung ho with 10 men.

Yes, a forward is a definite requirement but it's the team model that needs to address creativity and goalscoring.

I'm hoping a consortium and/or a wealthy investor have been lined up to take their shares.

The structure of our ownership is curious, to say the least.

Kenwright and Woods don't have anywhere near the finances required anymore. They serve no purpose in the modern game (they haven't for about 12 years), so I think they're being kept around for a reason
Bill makes a cracking cup of tea I've heard

How do I know?!?!

We sell our best players and use the proceeds to buy new ones.

Most clubs around the world do that...at all levels. Barca are trying to spend the 'Neymar' money, without success at present. Spurs spent the Bale money, and lower down the scale, Leeds are spending the Wood(?) money. Selling players who are not interested in playing for Everton, or who are not good enough, to buy better players is 'good business' . Its improving the quality and desire on the pitch that counts, not how much gets spent, or gets brought in.

Kenny and Dowell also.
Have you read the match reports and fans comments on Dowell at Forest Dave
Same as last year
Smashing player but drifts in and out of the game
Goes missing.
Hasn't got the stamina for a full 90 m
Dowell isn't ready yet
Nothing to do with Koeman not liking him , not knowing a good player , being a fraud etc , the lad just ain't ready.
Would you rather Bobby blowing some up his hoop same as ROSS only for the young lad to get embarrassed on the pitch.

He needs to be sent out like Kane was to Norwich and Leicester and Millwall.

I find it utterly bizarre that a manager sending out Dowell and probably Kenny and Lookman would think C-L doesn't require the experience of regular football down there. His game is the type that wont suffer through that experience....unlike say Dowell's.
Mate we need him, he's helped in every game thus far. He's exceeded expectations but if we had ever had someone to compete with Rom we wouldn't ever have been in this position. I think we know that the money wasted in wages on Samuel prohibited that. Dowell is ripping up trees but he needs a season to get in front of any of the new signings. Kenny will be needed at xmas and Lookman will train with great players and get off the bench at least one in four plus under 23 Europe football. That'll bring them on better than playing Wigan for how good they are and where we are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back