Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need pace away from home mate. Yes, Sandro can offer something and he can play centrally. Bolasie has pace but no football brain.

We are short of pace. We cant play like that all season.
We have no target player. Not one. More important than pace is movement and finishing. Love to have all of it of course.

Yeah I doubt it too tbh...but still, he did say something very similar on Rooney. Maybe he's selected the same option on the press conference menu? (that's how real football works too, right?)
We couldn't persuade Giroud to join - Costa would be about 10 times harder than that.

Thinking about this, I cant think of a footballer in world football that has all the above abilities, its almost like you did this on purpose.
Ha Ha.

I'm not looking for them to have all those as major strengths, just be able to do one with excellence and the other two pretty well.

ROFL.

Oh yeah, I forgot all of those other players with pace we have.
Martinez only ever really played with 1 fast player at a time. He'd have Del/Mirallas or whoever on one wing then an Osman/Pienaar/Naismith/Cleverley on the other. Obvs Lukaku was quick when he got going but he wasn't there to get in behind or pick up the ball deep under RM so his pace wasn't relevant. And we defo didn't play with tempo or pace even when were unreal in 2013/14.

Fine we need pace, despite me naming 4 pacey players, but our ST wont be the 1 providing that, theres no such thing as a pacey number 9 who is good in the air and holding the ball up, no such player.
I've answered that.

I'm trying to be helpful here FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back