Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez only ever really played with 1 fast player at a time. He'd have Del/Mirallas or whoever on one wing then an Osman/Pienaar/Naismith/Cleverley on the other. Obvs Lukaku was quick when he got going but he wasn't there to get in behind or pick up the ball deep under RM so his pace wasn't relevant. And we defo didn't play with tempo or pace even when were unreal in 2013/14.
Barkley-Mirallas-Lukaku
or
Deulofeu-Barkley-Lukaku
...Coleman backing that up.

That was pace.

A bit worrying in a way that Koeman referred to Costa as being someone he'd be interested in. Sounds like we don't have any realistic targets in mind.

Why? Would we not be interested in Costa anyway if it was possible?! I'm sure we would be. I doubt we would be turning to Costa cos we haven't got any realistic targets, Costa IF available and getable would be a target anyway I'm sure he would!

We will have numerous targets, all of which Koeman will think can lead the line and make a difference and in order of preference will of worked through them in the past few weeks or so to try and get the right striker for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back