Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

relax

1379529265990.gif

Sadly, Toff, that whole post comes undone in those last four words.....about the striker situation.

About eight hours to go and we are reduced to "hoping" we can fetch a top striker in.

This despite the fact we had one of the best in the business under contract for another two years whom we wrapped up in bubble paper and presented to Manchester United almost two months ago without a replacement lined up.....and at the time of going to press we are threadbare in that department.

Not good enough in my eyes, Toff.

Not good enough by half.

And a situation which is all too redolent of the old ways we did things in L4.....days we thought we had left far behind :(

Which is the real point @blue4eva77 was hinting at.

I agree on that.

But I'm not having that it ruins the rest of the window. It doesn't.

Koeman will be fuming if we don't get one in. I think we will though.

Everton's striker search goes on
Dominic King:
A frustrating day so far for Everton, with the club searching for a striker.

Michy Batshuayi has been linked with a loan move from Chelsea – something that was tied in with Ross Barkley going the other way – but officials at Goodison Park insist that is not happening.

It was reported also that Thomas Vermaelen would join them on a season long-loan to provide the left-sided central defensive cover that Ronald Koeman wants but, again, the club said “no” and Barcelona are adamant that he stays.

Everton are actively working on other targets and they are no strangers to pulling off deals in the final minutes. They will be active for the remainder of the day.

It's not madness tho. Selling lukaku and spending 5% the fee on a new striker is madness.

Where's the evidence that we won't be spending more than £7-9m on a striker Tim?

Koeman has said he wants on. Every man and his dog knows we're chasing one.

We shouldn't still be doing it at this stage. that, I agree with.

But we are. So let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back