Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see your point?

We have an average team that won't get near 4th. Turning a profit on our better players won't help this, would it?

We don't have an average team one bit, we have a good squad that now gives us options and the ability to rotate certain positions.

And unless your Utd or one of City or PSG, every club operates on player trading. Even Chelsea have a model in place to increase revenues to fund transfers. Nobody wants to see their best players go, but that's football and always has been

I'd rather keep our best players and progress.

Why the he'll would a supporter be arsed if we're turning profits on players?!

I obviously don't mean indiscriminately sell our best players, but if we make a big profit on one player and can use the proceeds to buy in more quality, it's just a different means of progressing. We don't have the same level of transfer funds available as some clubs who are more cash rich than we are, so we have to have a transfer strategy which partly involves generating profits on some player sales, surely?

Will be 7th again. No main striker no centre-back when someone like Martin Indi costed £7m.
It's an absolute joke, mate.

Koeman stressed time and time again that the board know the importance of signing a forward and centre back.

Moshiri comes out and says he's happy with our business.

In for another dull season.

We don't have an average team one bit, we have a good squad that now gives us options and the ability to rotate certain positions.

And unless your Utd or one of City or PSG, every club operates on player trading. Even Chelsea have a model in place to increase revenues to fund transfers. Nobody wants to see their best players go, but that's football and always has been
We won't get anywhere near the points we did last season.

Do other clubs let their best players leave and not replace them?

Because the squad has lots of holes and there are many positions which also need strengthening. If we identify someone who can offer some value and make a bid, it doesn't automatically follow that we're desperate for that particular position on the pitch.
That is true. We had a SERIOUS lack of AM's in the squad that, thankfully, has been rectified.

I obviously don't mean indiscriminately sell our best players, but if we make a big profit on one player and can use the proceeds to buy in more quality, it's just a different means of progressing. We don't have the same level of transfer funds available as some clubs who are more cash rich than we are, so we have to have a transfer strategy which partly involves generating profits on some player sales, surely?
I'd rather have kept Lukaku and just signed Keane, than signing all the players we have.

We're a worse team at the end of this window than we were at the start.

Disappointing final day, but we've still brought in some guaranteed quality in Pickford, Keane, Rooney and Sigurdsson. Klassen and Sandro are both players where time will tell, but relatively optimistic for those two.

Would've liked a new No 9, but all things considered, a good window.
That new No 9 makes it a very good window. Major disappointment that for me. Plus Board new all along it was key. Failure on their part I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back