Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an absolute joke, mate.

Koeman stressed time and time again that the board know the importance of signing a forward and centre back.

Moshiri comes out and says he's happy with our business.

In for another dull season.

I used to give him benefit of doubt but after today and this window, I have made my mind up on the accountant. Sell to buy in most cases.

I'd rather have kept Lukaku and just signed Keane, than signing all the players we have.

We're a worse team at the end of this window than we were at the start.

Only time will tell if you are right on that one, but we're talking about an exceptional player in Lukaku who realistically we didn't have a chance in hell of keeping on our books for much longer.

The point is, you can't just expect us to spend, keep all our best players and never realise any profits, unless you have a bottomless supply of cash.

We won't get anywhere near the points we did last season.

Do other clubs let their best players leave and not replace them?

1) we will, your making assumptions when after 2 PL games without seeing the team fully bonded together. We bought 9 new players, they have to get use to new tactics, new team mats, new surroundings and new pressures

2) yes, but it's not about individual players it's about the team. Spurs sell bale and modric after some poor signings their 11 is very strong. The RS sold the rat and invested poorly

Sorry!!!!

I've missed one from the weekend!!

August 27th - "We need at least two more players ... We need to get numbers in ... Everyone knows, the board knows the importance of those two signings."

"Everyone knows"

"the board knows"

Well it seemsthat a few of them didn't get this simple blatant message Ronald!

Can't wait for the yellow bar on SSN tomorrow when he resigns.
For [Poor language removed] sake mate, for someone who seems to support the club so much you really want us to be put in an even worse situation. I understand being frustrated but your head has well and truly exploded.

Per Transfermrkt he has 19 career appearances at CF/SS. 7 goals and 6 assists. Also think people may be writing off Sandro awfully early.

It's a good point against Sandro mate, I don't think anyone is writing him off. I think it's more to do with it not wanting to put him under too much pressure as he might take time.

We've made some great signings imo and you know what we can even scrape through to January in all probability. But when you sell your leading scorer for 75m, you go out and buy someone who can do the same job or you don't sell. So between the board, Koeman and Walsh they have absolutely [Poor language removed] up and don't deserve any defence on that because it's blatantly obvious

We are in the position where we are currently hoping Baines can play approx 65 games for a successful season as there is no back up

1) we will, your making assumptions when after 2 PL games without seeing the team fully bonded together. We bought 9 new players, they have to get use to new tactics, new team mats, new surroundings and new pressures

2) yes, but it's not about individual players it's about the team. Spurs sell bale and modric after some poor signings their 11 is very strong. The RS sold the rat and invested poorly
We'll soon see.

I hope you're right, mate.

He wasn't contracted for another two years!

Sanchez
VvD
Coutinho
Mahrez

Need I go on?

All of those bar maybe Coutinho will be gone within the next year. You can deny a world class player of a move to the next level, but it ain't going to end well in lots of cases. Lukaku was always going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back