Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but also worth noting Nikola Kalinic who had something like a 1 in 7 rate for Blackburn has also scored at a similar rate in that competition. I'm not doubting Dolberg is a talented boy, but 50mil would be a massive massive risk given the sample size. And let's be honest 95% of the people on here have probably watched him no more than 5 times.

..I think you're right managing expectation and being realistic. He does look good though but I suppose better judges than us will have a view and ultimately only time will tell.

Not sure Dolberg is ready to be main striker for a premier league club just yet. Lads a little undercooked imo.

Imagine. Mahrez and Sigurdsson on the same team. And if Rom actually does stay. Mahrez, Sigurdsson, and Rom. On the pitch at one time. Getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Now that would be very interesting to watch.

I'd personally be all over Mahrez. He's proven how talented he is and you can't really judge him on this season where Leicester have been so poor.

If anything it's probably our only chance of going for him and I can't imagine him costing more than £30m.

Lids were creaming themselves over Badzoer last year and with Wolfsburg in danger of getting relegated might be available soon. Or is he straight garbage?.

Now that would be very interesting to watch.

I'd personally be all over Mahrez. He's proven how talented he is and you can't really judge him on this season where Leicester have been so poor.

If anything it's probably our only chance of going for him and I can't imagine him costing more than £30m.
I honestly think that entire team had a massive career year. He's been nothing special this year nor any year previous to last.

I honestly think that entire team had a massive career year. He's been nothing special this year nor any year previous to last.
He'd still be a significant upgrade in our attack. Saying that his ego would demand he's playing for a champions league club.

There's still hope about Dolberg:

Asked by Italian broadcast Radio CRC about Danish international striker Kasper Dolberg's future, his agent, Jens Steffensen, stated: "He's on deal with Ajax, and deciding about his future is up to the club. Napoli purchasing him and leaving him in Holland as a loanee? That's hard to say. He's one of the players clubs all around Europe are requiring the most, and that's all I can say right now. Napoli? I never talked to them, and I don't think Ajax did as well, but that might be an interesting solution. I'm fond of Maurizio Sarri training style". The 1997-born is currently on a deal with Ajax until June 2021.

-------

I really really hope we just sign him for £30/£40m/£50m or whatever it takes to leave other clubs behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back