Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off mori injured so won't be getting sold... and I don't see how we need to spend 70m on CB and only 30m on a creative player...

Back training isn't he? But agreed, don't think he'll be sold unless he pushes for a move or we manage to sign a couple of top CB's

Jansen needs to be used as an example for Ross. Spurs have the best starting XI in the prem, but for me Pochettino doesn't know how to use a squad he's very reliant on that XI. If he was a bit more flexible with his rotation he'd have probably won the league the last two years.
By only using Jansen when he has to it means that he's using a player who's not upto speed in terms of match fitness or confidence. Ross will have a fight on with Ali and Eriksen to start and will more than likely find himself on the bench.

Can't agree with that assessment. Not seeing the logic in it at all.

Jansen needs to be used as an example for Ross. Spurs have the best starting XI in the prem, but for me Pochettino doesn't know how to use a squad he's very reliant on that XI. If he was a bit more flexible with his rotation he'd have probably won the league the last two years.
By only using Jansen when he has to it means that he's using a player who's not upto speed in terms of match fitness or confidence. Ross will have a fight on with Ali and Eriksen to start and will more than likely find himself on the bench.

The problem is that they don't have a squad. Their bench on match days is usually full of youth players and flops like Sissoko.

Barkley is a good buy as he's proven in the prem, young, and adds a huge counter attacking threat to change a system which they don't have.

I'm not very confident about our transfer business, we've gotta get started ASAP with EL but as soon as I see teams mentioned with us for players can't stop thinking that they will sign for sides in CL. Hope some of these players would sooner have game time instead of sitting on a bench, Ross should think of this if he's considering leaving

Could be looking at a pretty large amount of funds brought in from sale proceeds. Hard to believe we will end up with a positive net spend.

Rom 75m
Ross 25m
Jimmy Mc 20m
Tc 8m
Naisse 10m
Gerry 15m

Thats say 150 mill. Say if we sell all those and spend 150 mill on 6/7 players that is not progressing the team. Selling lukaku and barkley will weaken an already average squad. Garreth barry still gets games like. We would need to spend 250 million imo on quality to have a chance if top 4. Not just spending 250 for sake of spending 250. It needs to be spend as our current squad is no where good enough to be top 4. We just dont beat or compete when we play the teams above us and thats why we dont finish above them. We dont have the quality of player to go to old trafford, bridge, analfield etc and win.There is no way we spend that 250 to bring the quality in to do that so we will remain in 7th until we keep our best players and invest to being even better in.

All this talk of Iheanacho makes me wish we already had an athletically gifted striker up top. But instead of potential, I wish he was a proven goal scorer.

Oh well, we'd probably just bash his work rate

Haha! That euphemism takes me back to the club's old message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back