Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats say 150 mill. Say if we sell all those and spend 150 mill on 6/7 players that is not progressing the team. Selling lukaku and barkley will weaken an already average squad. Garreth barry still gets games like. We would need to spend 250 million imo on quality to have a chance if top 4. Not just spending 250 for sake of spending 250. It needs to be spend as our current squad is no where good enough to be top 4. We just dont beat or compete when we play the teams above us and thats why we dont finish above them. We dont have the quality of player to go to old trafford, bridge, analfield etc and win.There is no way we spend that 250 to bring the quality in to do that so we will remain in 7th until we keep our best players and invest to being even better in.

Yep yep yep.

You invest that, you're looking at wanting to invest for the following season if you believe you want to progress.

And that's IF the new squad for next season works and if he doesn't buy any flops.

Thats say 150 mill. Say if we sell all those and spend 150 mill on 6/7 players that is not progressing the team. Selling lukaku and barkley will weaken an already average squad. Garreth barry still gets games like. We would need to spend 250 million imo on quality to have a chance if top 4. Not just spending 250 for sake of spending 250. It needs to be spend as our current squad is no where good enough to be top 4. We just dont beat or compete when we play the teams above us and thats why we dont finish above them. We dont have the quality of player to go to old trafford, bridge, analfield etc and win.There is no way we spend that 250 to bring the quality in to do that so we will remain in 7th until we keep our best players and invest to being even better in.

Problem is we are handicapped on wages by FFP which makes it even stranger that some on here would be happy for us to spunk silly money paying Rooney for a couple of years.

First off mori injured so won't be getting sold... and I don't see how we need to spend 70m on CB and only 30m on a creative player...

Mori is fit enough to be sold.

And its 70m on 2 CBs, CBs are dearer than Creative players, who are 2 a penny, quality CBs cost the money.

You can only increase wage bill by 7m a season or something without player sales/sponsorship revenue?

(Do not take that as gospel, just have that in my head?)

Plus any profit we make on player trading, (and sponsorship). So the 15 million quid is thrown on top as an increase.

Then Cleverley would be an 8.5 million profit. McCarthy if he went for 18 million say, his amortised value would be around 6, so thats another 12 million.

FFP will not hold us back, lack of funds may.

You can only increase wage bill by 7m a season or something without player sales/sponsorship revenue?

Maybe you missed the USM and Sportpesa sponsorship deals my frandel.

And of course lets not forget about the 5 or 6 sales we will make this Summer, without factoring in the sales of Rom or Ross, FFP wont be a factor this summer.

Can't agree with that assessment. Not seeing the logic in it at all.

They don't rotate their squad I don't see what's not to get here. He has a starting XI and sticks to it. Look at Sissoko bought for big money couldn't convince Pochettino to change the starting XI or the system so now rots away on the bench. Think that's pretty simple myself.

£7m a year and any increase on profits. £7m is about half Rooneys current annual salary. We are not going to be able o bring in 3 or 4 players on 100k plus a week

Plus any profit we make on player trading, (and sponsorship). So the 15 million quid is thrown on top as an increase.

Then Cleverley would be an 8.5 million profit. McCarthy if he went for 18 million say, his amortised value would be around 6, so thats another 12 million.

FFP will not hold us back, lack of funds may.

Maybe you missed the USM and Sportpesa sponsorship deals my frandel.

And of course lets not forget about the 5 or 6 sales we will make this Summer, without factoring in the sales of Rom or Ross, FFP wont be a factor this summer.
Yeah what they said, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back