Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably is Hammers bound and we'll also probably never know if we had a genuine interest in him. Do get your point though, but personally I have a problem that another club decides on what terms he signs a contract with us. Maybe that's shortsighted by me, but just not a fan of the construction

Not a fan myself and thankfully they are quite rare in this country, but with the way prices are going, wouldnt be surprised to see a lot more of them.

Don't like pre-determined buy backs imagine if we had that with rom we would all fume.

Well im sure you have the heard the rumours that Chelsea wanted 1 on Rom, but Jose said he would have rather have had more money.

Not a fan myself and thankfully they are quite rare in this country, but with the way prices are going, wouldnt be surprised to see a lot more of them.

Well im sure you have the heard the rumours that Chelsea wanted 1 on Rom, but Jose said he would have rather have had more money.
Pretty glad we didn't have one! Imagine a 40 or 50 mill buy back clause... So as you said thankfully they are rare here and i can see lesser clubs being ok with them but not us. And yes I know del has one but i blame Martinez for that doubt koeman would stand for it.... i hope!

If Sandro wants Atl. Madrid then we should move on and look elswhere.

Why? No offence, but we can't be mad at a player who would choose one of the world's top 5 teams, especially as he'd be backup for either team. May as well keep our hat in the ring and pursue other targets in the meantime. If we find better value leave him hanging and he may himself have to resort to plan c or d.

It would be typical Everton if we were trying to sign Sandro for our U-23 team, he wasn't happy with that possibility and Stoke swooped for him instead and he scored 38 goals next season.

apologies if posted already!

25th April 2017

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co..._eight_year_old_footballer_signs_for_Everton/

Milnthorpe eight-year-old footballer signs for Everton

AN eight-year-old Milnthorpe boy is on the path to becoming a professional footballer after signing his first contract with a Premier League club.

Harvey Billington, who has trained with and played for a number of academies despite his young age, was welcomed into Everton boss Ronald Koeman's office to put pen to paper on a two-year deal.

Proud parents Allan and Cathryn have watched their young son, who started out at local team Milnthorpe Juniors, go through a number of youth set ups, including Manchester United and Harvey's favourite team Liverpool, before he settled on Merseyside rivals Everton.

Allan said: "It's what a lot do, they go around the clubs until they find somewhere they prefer. He just loved it at Everton, he had a choice but he picked to sign there.

"He really gelled with the boys there, it's only a small group of about 10 whereas Liverpool was 24 and the coaching is so much better for him."

Harvey's dad added it had been a surreal experience for the family, who were invited to attend Everton's home match with Leicester City just a few days before the young midfielder signed his contract.

They met with star players such as Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley, before Harvey was paraded onto the Goodison Park pitch at half-time, where he was announced as a new signing on the big screen in front of nearly 40,000 spectators.

"We're just so proud of him," added Allan. "But we all just have to take in our stride as a family.

"He's only eight so we can't be thinking he's the next Wayne Rooney, we'll just take it slowly and see where it goes.

"He's happy and really enjoying himself and we're delighted. He's always just wanted to kick a ball around. Me and my wife were looking at pictures of when he was younger and he always has a football in them."

apologies if posted already!

25th April 2017

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co..._eight_year_old_footballer_signs_for_Everton/

Milnthorpe eight-year-old footballer signs for Everton

AN eight-year-old Milnthorpe boy is on the path to becoming a professional footballer after signing his first contract with a Premier League club.

Harvey Billington, who has trained with and played for a number of academies despite his young age, was welcomed into Everton boss Ronald Koeman's office to put pen to paper on a two-year deal.

Proud parents Allan and Cathryn have watched their young son, who started out at local team Milnthorpe Juniors, go through a number of youth set ups, including Manchester United and Harvey's favourite team Liverpool, before he settled on Merseyside rivals Everton.

Allan said: "It's what a lot do, they go around the clubs until they find somewhere they prefer. He just loved it at Everton, he had a choice but he picked to sign there.

"He really gelled with the boys there, it's only a small group of about 10 whereas Liverpool was 24 and the coaching is so much better for him."

Harvey's dad added it had been a surreal experience for the family, who were invited to attend Everton's home match with Leicester City just a few days before the young midfielder signed his contract.

They met with star players such as Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley, before Harvey was paraded onto the Goodison Park pitch at half-time, where he was announced as a new signing on the big screen in front of nearly 40,000 spectators.

"We're just so proud of him," added Allan. "But we all just have to take in our stride as a family.

"He's only eight so we can't be thinking he's the next Wayne Rooney, we'll just take it slowly and see where it goes.

"He's happy and really enjoying himself and we're delighted. He's always just wanted to kick a ball around. Me and my wife were looking at pictures of when he was younger and he always has a football in them."

All that for an 8 year old.

United linked with Griezmam, Perisic, Rodriguez

City have signed Silva and are in talks with Ederson and Walker

Liverpool look to be getting Keits and VVD

Chelsea linked with Lukaku and Perisic

And were getting linked with Cuco Martina. Moshiri better dig deep if he thinks we can compete with the teams above.

And were getting linked with Cuco Martina. Moshiri better dig deep if he thinks we can compete with the teams above.

"Linked", "look to be", "talks with".

I knew people would still be complaining even after we brought in Billington. It's an illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back