Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
United linked with Griezmam, Perisic, Rodriguez

City have signed Silva and are in talks with Ederson and Walker

Liverpool look to be getting Keits and VVD

Chelsea linked with Lukaku and Perisic

And were getting linked with Cuco Martina. Moshiri better dig deep if he thinks we can compete with the teams above.

Guess what they all have in common......go on, have a guess.......

that's why i said pursue other targets in the meantime, but if he was seemingly our plan a as our 3rd choice striker then it's no harm in waiting. The window isn't even close to opening yet, bit pointless in giving up on our first targets if their alternative is a team with a transfer ban.

I don't think he is seen as our 3rd choice (whose our 2nd?!), he could easily play in a front 3 and Koeman may be thinking that way aswell?! But if his mind is to stay in Spain, which I've heard it is, and go to Atl. Madrid then let's look elsewhere. I know it's early doors but we need to get in the ones that see us has their first choice.

If we're 'making a statement' like we all are dreaming, but not in the same way Chelski and Man City did in the last 15 years, I still can't think of any realistic signings beyond:

Sigurdsson - just as we can't find a top 6 team that Barkley would go to, EFC is the only realistic step up for him anyway
Rooney - it will just work. Mentor to Barkley. Goal provider. Big character we need.
Vardy - if Lukaku goes
Mahrez - if we don't get Sigurdsson - again, I can't imagine him being taken by anyone he dreams of in the CL, all of the top 6 are covered in this department
David Ospina
Theo Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain
Callum Chambers

We should groom Holgate - Galloway as our centra back pairing of the future

Davies- Dowell as a midfield axis = with our without Barkley

Calvert-Lewin - Lookman as a big man - little man old fashioned striker partnership

Great English core team

If we're 'making a statement' like we all are dreaming, but not in the same way Chelski and Man City did in the last 15 years, I still can't think of any realistic signings beyond:

Sigurdsson - just as we can't find a top 6 team that Barkley would go to, EFC is the only realistic step up for him anyway
Rooney - it will just work. Mentor to Barkley. Goal provider. Big character we need.
Vardy - if Lukaku goes
Mahrez - if we don't get Sigurdsson - again, I can't imagine him being taken by anyone he dreams of in the CL, all of the top 6 are covered in this department
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Calvert-Lewin - Lookman as a big man - little man old fashioned striker partnership

Great English core team

i'm so glad you're not in anyway involved in our first team commitments, no offence.

Vardy - if Lukaku goes
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Great English core team

Crikey.

Just lost close to 40k in Season Ticket holders and need to regain some support after a dreadful season.

It's an easy tactic - leaking bids and interest while not really being able to A) Pay the money and B) Actually interest the player in a move.

They did it with Lukaku in March (?) and will probably do it again very soon in regards to a keeper - keep an eye on Pickford being tipped with a move there. But The Dildo Twins and Herr Brady will probably leak a bid or interest in say a more attacking midfield type player.

Aha interesting strategy that mate. Will probably come back to haunt them though (I hope), sooner or later people will know that they are being lied to. On top of that they'll start to look like the desperate girl at the party. The Everton approach concerning Tielemans was spot on; they first contacted the manager, understood he wanted a different destination. Good for everybody, nobody loses face and at the same time you can spend your energy contracting other players.

Aha interesting strategy that mate. Will probably come back to haunt them though (I hope), sooner or later people will know that they are being lied to. On top of that they'll start to look like the desperate girl at the party. The Everton approach concerning Tielemans was spot on; they first contacted the manager, understood he wanted a different destination. Good for everybody, nobody loses face and at the same time you can spend your energy contracting other players.

You've hit the nail on the head with that description of them there.

Wonder if Wheeler dealer Steve Walsh who does deals hand in hand with his sleazy agent brother Mickey Walsh can produce anyone other than someone playing in the English divisions, very underwhelming if we get vast money in revenue and sales, then proceed to overpay massively for premier league players, seems like a amateur transfer strategy while we only have limited amount of money..

We are miles behind the top 6 in wage bill structure and we need to bridge the gap by buying players with potential of being the next hazard etc we can either keep or sell at massive profit or find players who could perform better in a better team and watch them improve.

Instead of offering Williams 70k per week and signing Cuco as backup etc. We could easily build a very good team for small amount of money if we're cleaver.

Stade Rennais FC in France have very limited money and you won't see them buying Williams for ten million, however I'd say Everton have an academy on par. they get had stars of future young on the cheap and sell up at big money.

Bakayoko Dembele Brahimi M Villa etc.

If we scout smartly we can buy players to compete with top 6, buying sigurdsson Keane Deeney etc we will never bridge the gap no matter how much money we blow.

Vardy - if Lukaku goes
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Great English core team

The guys.

Vardy - if Lukaku goes
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Great English core team

I will have 3 doses of whatever you're on.

Vardy - if Lukaku goes
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Great English core team

Time for bed!

Vardy - if Lukaku goes
David Ospina
Callum Chambers

Great English core team
You're right. That would make a statement, but not the one you're thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back