Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just got 50 for a RB after one season I reckon that’s what they want . If we are spending 80m Zaha we’d better hope he takes us to the top 6 because he’s going to have no sell on fee if he sits on a 150k a week contract for 5 years and does t produce. He’s bolasie mrk2 more free, more wages and more of a problem even tho he is better
You could have that issue with any current top player. They could just go bad in a new system or with 10 different players around him.

There are definitely people saying it’s fine. Quite a lot of them actually, laughing at people who show the vaguest hint of concern.

I have no doubt we’ll sign players, we genuinely can’t afford not to, but I can see why people are starting to worry. We wanted to get some new players in to build on what we had, and instead we’re 2 weeks away from our first game looking weaker than we did last season.

I stopped assuming things would work out fine long ago, because they often haven’t for us. I remember being really relaxed about us replacing lukaku, but seeing as we haven’t yet, I won’t make that mistake again. I won’t commit either way until I know how the window ends, but it does grate when people give it the ‘marcels got this’ line when they’d never even heard of him until we brought him in.

100% agree, though what I would say is that Marcel has given us no reason to doubt him yet. It is obviously early days but I’m probably an optimist in that I’ll wait for him to give me reason to be concerned rather than assume he will (which I do understand is a reasonable frame of mind given recent regimes!).

End of the day, if we’re nearing the end of the season comfortably in top 6, I doubt many - though I’m sure some on here will - will be banging on about “yeah but we were weaker than last season with two weeks to go until the first game!”

If we miss out on our stated aims by a point or two and that can be attributed by dodgy early season form because we didn’t have a settled squad, fair enough, though even then I’m sure Marcel is planning for the horizon beyond the next season only.

Fussball saying deal is almost done, could bebullshit but would not surprise me if done by Friday. Thats how most of our transfers have went

Fussball saying deal is almost done, could bebullshit but would not surprise me if done by Friday. Thats how most of our transfers have went

Very possible tbf, you’d think any Gueye replacement would be all but boxed off, ready to dot the I’s as soon as Gueye is announced

" I had meetings with Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and many other clubs. He is among the shortlisted, "Gbamin consultant Bernard Collignon told FT a few weeks ago .

Seems like this might have legs.

I tell you now you can smell the tension in the air at GP these past few seasons.

If we mess this window up I see West Ham esque antics at Goodison next season - Flag Pole shoved in the centre circle - Sack the board chants - Silva RKO'ed from the stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back