Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a massive love in for Brands. So far his recruitment in digne, Richarlison (Silva inspired), Bernard and Zouma were great.

He’s done ok getting ok Fee’s for vlasic and Lookman. Nothing amazing.

He’s shifted some on loan again not amazing they’re still on the books.

This preseason has been poor. Even if we bring players in it’s late. No time to bed in. Probably end up sacrificing a month of fixtures.

Still no center forward years later.

Poor.

You're stating facts which is fine.

But it's not ideal and no one can claim it is. If we want a good season we need to start playing in August, not October like is the norm.

We've known for 2 years we need a forward. I expected to see this resolved quickly.

We are notoriously slow starters and one of busiest clubs traditionally on deadline day. Correlation does not equal causation but I sense a trend....
Spot on our pre-seasons are often poor because of late deals and a lack of being able to field a team which can kind some fluentcy. That along with some of the average teams we play on your. The last good pre-season we had was under Martinez and we got fifth that season.

You're stating facts which is fine.

But it's not ideal and no one can claim it is. If we want a good season we need to start playing in August, not October like is the norm.

We've known for 2 years we need a forward. I expected to see this resolved quickly.

We are notoriously slow starters and one of busiest clubs traditionally on deadline day. Correlation does not equal causation but I sense a trend....

I didnt say it was ideal Tim, I just pointed out that the boy is wrong.

Getting them in early went a long time ago, now its about getting them in, I dunno what the delay is, still loads of deals to be done at other clubs which then has a knock on effect for us, but suspect we will do most of our work on deadline day it seems at this point.

Whether thats enough time will tell, no doubt if we start badly it will be brought up constantly, but if we start well it wont even be mentioned, it is what it is.

But as I say, at this point its about getting them in, im still hopeful of that happening and if 1 of them is Zaha, then so be it.

Name a better proven premier league winger with more goal contributions that we can actually get

Haven't seen much of Zaha. Only when Everton have played against. Never really stood out for me. Can you enlighten me on his goals. Assists for the last couple of seasons

I do care. But what has last year got to do with this year? I appreciate how hard signings are for us we are last on the list for some of the players we are after. I'm still hopeful we can get more done, but I was hoping we'd have more in by now because it takes time for new players to bed in and for us to get a system working. Gomes who was here already, Delph and a back up goalie don't make up for losing key players like Zouma or Gana and having literally no cutting edge do they?

No striker and a massive Gana/Zouma hole in defence with 2 weeks until the season starts is very depressing.

We are weaker than when we finished the season. Kind opening fixtures mean we have to take maximum points from the off.

That looks ever more doubtful.

Getting them in early went a long time ago, now its about getting them in, I dunno what the delay is, still loads of deals to be done at other clubs which then has a knock on effect for us, but suspect we will do most of our work on deadline day it seems at this point.

Whether thats enough time will tell, no doubt if we start badly it will be brought up constantly, but if we start well it wont even be mentioned, it is what it is.

But as I say, at this point its about getting them in, im still hopeful of that happening and if 1 of I them is Zaha, then so be it.
I am glad you have so much confidence. I just want us to give ourselves the best chance for once. Seems it's last minute dot com as usual.

But as I say, at this point its about getting them in, im still hopeful of that happening and if 1 of them is Zaha, then so be it.

I'm OK if we get them in, even on deadline day. So long as it's not players who are massively unfit or carrying injuries like last year.

But it's not how a big team acts. If we want to talk about being a big club, and not being a museum, then we need to start acting like one at some point. Easier said than done, and will take time, but that has to be the aim over the next 2 or 3 years. Otherwise 6th or 7th will always be our ceiling.

Spot on our pre-seasons are often poor because of late deals and a lack of being able to field a team which can kind some fluentcy. That along with some of the average teams we play on your. The last good pre-season we had was under Martinez and we got fifth that season.
17/18 was a good preseason, we went through it unbeaten.

We finished 8th.

There is no correlation between preseason and how the season will go

No striker and a massive Gana/Zouma hole in defence with 2 weeks until the season starts is very depressing.

We are weaker than when we finished the season. Kind opening fixtures mean we have to take maximum points from the off.

That looks ever more doubtful.
That's how I feel we will be in another scrap for 7th if we are lucky. If we went into the season as we are we will be mid table at best.

For someone who ignored me he does talk about me an awful lot
The Cat stitched up Revie and Shankly over Alan Ball and Howard Kendall
Magnificant it twas
And Bill Nicholson over Chico. The morning papers showed pictures of Chico with the caption ‘Scott signs for Spurs’, At that very moment Chico was at Bellfield having his medical. Great days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back