Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the issue is two fold but both issues are linked.

1. We are still hamstrung by the dross from previous regimes who are on huge money and won't leave. We need the money freed up.

2. We have money but not enough to make game changing transfers. That's where you need shrewd scouting. I didn't expect zaha to come up from supposedly an expert DOF. He's here to find the next stars not blow 80m on talented, but not exceptional bottom half players.

1. We are still hamstrung by the dross from previous regimes who are on huge money and won't leave. We need the money freed up.

2. We have money but not enough to make game changing transfers. That's where you need shrewd scouting. I didn't expect zaha to come up from supposedly an expert DOF. He's here to find the next stars not blow 80m on talented, but not exceptional bottom half players.

There is no shortage of money and we could easily go and spend £80m if it wasn't for the balancing of dross on huge wages. Have to balance things first. Hence why we're happy to go and spend £40-50-60m on players, give them 100k+ plus when we are likely to free up a good 200-300k of wages

I honestly dont think there is Tim.

If you look through the seasons, there is nothing to suggest getting in players in early or late helps or hinders, nor do results in preseason, nor does playing in the Europa league, the facts back all those statements up.

Date fromPositionNationalityNameFromFeeRef.
1 July 2017CBNetherlandsNathangelo MarkeloVolendamUndisclosed[3]
1 July 2017AMNetherlandsDavy KlaassenAjax£23,600,000[4]
1 July 2017LWNigeriaHenry OnyekuruEupen£6,800,000[5]
1 July 2017GKEnglandJordan PickfordSunderland£25,000,000[6]
3 July 2017CBEnglandMichael KeaneBurnley£25,000,000[7]
3 July 2017STSpainSandro RamírezMálaga CF£5,200,000[8]
5 July 2017FWFranceBoris MathisMetzFree[9]
7 July 2017RWEnglandJosh BowlerQueens Park Rangers£1,500,000[10]
9 July 2017FWEnglandWayne RooneyManchester UnitedFree[11]
17 July 2017RBCuraçaoCuco MartinaSouthamptonFree[12]
27 July 2017CBEnglandLewis GibsonNewcastle UnitedUndisclosed[13]

ManagerRonald Koeman
(until 23 October)[1]
David Unsworth
(Caretaker, 24 October – 29 November)
Sam Allardyce
(from 30 November)

13 July 2017Gor Mahia Kenya1–2England EvertonshowMzizima, Tanzania
19 July 2017FC Twente Netherlands0–3England EvertonshowDe Lutte, Netherlands
22 July 2017Genk 1–1EvertonshowGenk, Belgium
6 August 2017Everton 2–2 SevillashowLiverpool

I mean theres the perfect example.
But we recruited badly in crucial areas in that summer too. I do thnk preseason and when the players comes in has an affect of course it's not the only thing but it's part of it. We had to use the Europa as preseason that year which wasn't ideal. The average teams we play on pre-season doesn't help us get up to speed if you ask me.

Saving money and a failure to secure targets earlier. That and trying to convince them to come are my guesses.

It happens a fair bit. Personally I’d like to see players be in as early as possible to help settle in sooner and get more excitement for fans.

As for Brands, I really don’t feel the utter adulation he gets from some, thought he did well with the buys last summer but let’s give the guy some time to help achieve something substantial before putting him on such a pedestal. Don’t know if it’s genuine, tongue in cheek, a quest for likes or what, it does puzzle me slightly.

I honestly dont think there is Tim.

If you look through the seasons, there is nothing to suggest getting in players in early or late helps or hinders, nor do results in preseason, nor does playing in the Europa league, the facts back all those statements up.

Date fromPositionNationalityNameFromFeeRef.
1 July 2017CBNetherlandsNathangelo MarkeloVolendamUndisclosed[3]
1 July 2017AMNetherlandsDavy KlaassenAjax£23,600,000[4]
1 July 2017LWNigeriaHenry OnyekuruEupen£6,800,000[5]
1 July 2017GKEnglandJordan PickfordSunderland£25,000,000[6]
3 July 2017CBEnglandMichael KeaneBurnley£25,000,000[7]
3 July 2017STSpainSandro RamírezMálaga CF£5,200,000[8]
5 July 2017FWFranceBoris MathisMetzFree[9]
7 July 2017RWEnglandJosh BowlerQueens Park Rangers£1,500,000[10]
9 July 2017FWEnglandWayne RooneyManchester UnitedFree[11]
17 July 2017RBCuraçaoCuco MartinaSouthamptonFree[12]
27 July 2017CBEnglandLewis GibsonNewcastle UnitedUndisclosed[13]

ManagerRonald Koeman
(until 23 October)[1]
David Unsworth
(Caretaker, 24 October – 29 November)
Sam Allardyce
(from 30 November)

13 July 2017Gor Mahia Kenya1–2England EvertonshowMzizima, Tanzania

19 July 2017FC Twente Netherlands0–3England EvertonshowDe Lutte, Netherlands

22 July 2017Genk 1–1EvertonshowGenk, Belgium

6 August 2017Everton 2–2 SevillashowLiverpool

I mean theres the perfect example.

I haven't looked into the stats, but I can't remember too many very fast starts from us this century. 2012 possibly springs to mind. But we are notoriously slow to start and then hit our straps, usually have a blip, but finish strongly.

If we gave ourselves more of a chance who knows if we'd do better. This is a great chance to start well. But I'm not sure if we're ready, or going to be ready.

Anyway, enough of my waffling... it's a massive 12 days and we need the club to deliver something pretty impressive.

He obviously doesn’t have to be proven but you know what you’re getting with Zaha. Pace, skill, goals and assists and can do it in the premier league. Sandro and klassen proven failures who couldn’t do it in this league. A good premier league player is going to cost a lot that’s just how it is

I get that. But we play a different style to palace so that’s a risk - like Pienaar to spurs

But we recruited badly in crucial areas in that summer too. I do thnk preseason and when the players comes in has an affect of course it's not the only thing bit it's part of it.

Yes we did.

Its about getting the right players in, thats all that matters, as I say, if the window shut an hour ago I would be livid.

But with just under 2 weeks to go, yeah im starting to get a bit twitchy, but Brands retains my complete faith until such a time he no longer deserves it.

What worries me
For all the feel good still floating about after the last 12 hours of last summers window is there’s been 12 months to worth summers out
We’re heading to final 12 days again 12 months later and quite possibly the last 12 hours again to get a bloody number 9 in worthy of the shirt and number

Last edited:
Yes we did.

Its about getting the right players in, thats all that matters, as I say, if the window shut an hour ago I would be livid.

But with just under 2 weeks to go, yeah im starting to get a bit twitchy, but Brands retains my complete faith until such a time he no longer deserves it.
Fair enough mate. I hope you are right.

What worries me
For all the feel good still floatinga bout after the last 12 hours of last summers window is there’s been 12 months to worth summers out
We’re heading to final 12 days again 12 months later and quite possibly the last 12 hours again to get a bloody number 9 in worthy of the shirt and number
Agree striker was 100% number one priority we haven't addressed it and lost two key players. That's why I am pissed off so far.

If a £8m offer do come in for McCarthy how can we reject that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back