Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a £8m offer do come in for McCarthy how can we reject that...

Because it will effect our long term ability to demand decent fees for any sales. Douglas Luiz has just gone to Villa from Man City for £15m - nearly double. A reserve midfielder with no senior international caps compared to McCarthy, a proven (some might argue) Premier League player with 41 caps, who should be at his peak age. Even if you off-set the potential of Luiz to the experience of McCarthy and injury records etc... that is still a big gap. I won't even mention Mings... who has missed nearly two whole seasons with cruciate ligament injuries.

I also expect others are not willing to match the wages we are paying some of our dross - so may be down to them not willing to move as much as the club.

It is a difficult balance - we need rid of a lot, but how we get rid has broader implications. That is why we have a Director of Football and that is what he gets paid handsomely no doubt to do.

Because it will effect our long term ability to demand decent fees for any sales. Douglas Luiz has just gone to Villa from Man City for £15m - nearly double. A reserve midfielder with no senior international caps compared to McCarthy, a proven (some might argue) Premier League player with 41 caps, who should be at his peak age. Even if you off-set the potential of Luiz to the experience of McCarthy and injury records etc... that is still a big gap. I won't even mention Mings... who has missed nearly two whole seasons with cruciate ligament injuries.

I also expect others are not willing to match the wages we are paying some of our dross - so may be down to them not willing to move as much as the club.

It is a difficult balance - we need rid of a lot, but how we get rid has broader implications. That is why we have a Director of Football and that is what he gets paid handsomely no doubt to do.

He must be on big wages. He has one year left in his contract. He doesn’t contribute to the team. Just shift and free up wages for new signings.

Timing of this alleged Arsenal agreement for Pepe seems a bit fishy to me. Don't pay much attention to Sky Sports anymore because I think they create a lot of fake news to drive viewing figures - but we know Jim White has a connection with Moshiri and when asked if he thought Zaha would sign for us he cagily said "no - there will be a twist in that one". Wonder if Arsenal are leaking the Pepe stuff to try and get Zaha (fearing missing the chance to join his boyhood club) to force Palace's hand. Think I would rather have Pepe over Zaha anyway, so would be happy if that was the outcome - albiet I appreciate unlikely we will get either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back