Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing of this alleged Arsenal agreement for Pepe seems a bit fishy to me. Don't pay much attention to Sky Sports anymore because I think they create a lot of fake news to drive viewing figures - but we know Jim White has a connection with Moshiri and when asked if he thought Zaha would sign for us he cagily said "no - there will be a twist in that one". Wonder if Arsenal are leaking the Pepe stuff to try and get Zaha (fearing missing the chance to join his boyhood club) to force Palace's hand. Think I would rather have Pepe over Zaha anyway, so would be happy if that was the outcome - albiet I appreciate unlikely we will get either!

God knows all I know is Everton need to get a bloody move on and start signing a CF, CB and RW or next season will be another wash out.

Because it will effect our long term ability to demand decent fees for any sales. Douglas Luiz has just gone to Villa from Man City for £15m - nearly double. A reserve midfielder with no senior international caps compared to McCarthy, a proven (some might argue) Premier League player with 41 caps, who should be at his peak age. Even if you off-set the potential of Luiz to the experience of McCarthy and injury records etc... that is still a big gap. I won't even mention Mings... who has missed nearly two whole seasons with cruciate ligament injuries.

I also expect others are not willing to match the wages we are paying some of our dross - so may be down to them not willing to move as much as the club.

It is a difficult balance - we need rid of a lot, but how we get rid has broader implications. That is why we have a Director of Football and that is what he gets paid handsomely no doubt to do.
Take the money and call it an undisclosed fee

Ok. Dennis bergkamp who was a flop at inter. I’d sacrifice my uncle to have him at Everton back then.

Coutinho at inter - also was not a starter.

Pienaar from Dortmund.

Duncan Ferguson from Rangers

Henry was a flop before joining Arsenal.

I can keep going all day mate - the list is enormous.

Also can give you a list as long as your arm for pl players who move and are flops at their new pl clubs, because they play a different style of football. Are you saying we play the same way as palace?

I'm not saying anything just wanted to know who these best 10 PL players are that were unproven when the came to their clubs cos for me the best 10 contains van dijk, mane, ageuro, Stirling, de bruyne, silva x 2. they were all proven before moving

Timing of this alleged Arsenal agreement for Pepe seems a bit fishy to me. Don't pay much attention to Sky Sports anymore because I think they create a lot of fake news to drive viewing figures - but we know Jim White has a connection with Moshiri and when asked if he thought Zaha would sign for us he cagily said "no - there will be a twist in that one". Wonder if Arsenal are leaking the Pepe stuff to try and get Zaha (fearing missing the chance to join his boyhood club) to force Palace's hand. Think I would rather have Pepe over Zaha anyway, so would be happy if that was the outcome - albiet I appreciate unlikely we will get either!

If Ornstein has reported it then its not a leak, or a smokescreen. He doesnt do whispers and gossip.

I'm not saying anything just wanted to know who these best 10 PL players are that were unproven when the came to their clubs cos for me the best 10 contains van dijk, mane, ageuro, Stirling, de bruyne, silva x 2. they were all proven before moving

How many were 80mllion?

And if you don’t think henry and bergkamp are in the top 10 you have a short term memory, which considering the earliest pl player you mentioned was Aguero... I tho k you’re just unable to say ‘you know what, I was wrong’. It’s ok.

De bruyne wasn’t near the Chelsea first time and went to Wolfsburg who we pumped in the Europa league.

How many were 80mllion?

And if you don’t think henry and bergkamp are in the top 10 you have a short term memory, which considering the earliest pl player you mentioned was Aguero... I tho k you’re just unable to say ‘you know what, I was wrong’. It’s ok.

De bruyne wasn’t near the Chelsea first time and went to Wolfsburg who we pumped in the Europa league.

You've lost me, you never mentioned in PL history

Serious question to all:

What would you take as of now given the time left?

I think Id be happy with a CB and a CF.

A RB able to put pressure on Coleman
A quality CB to challenge Mina and Keane
A CM/DM to replace Gana
A left footed wing forward
A first choice Striker

Thats gotta be the very min for me.

Of course if the likes of Snides, Walcott, Holgate are moved on, they would need replacing, most others we can cull without replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back