Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you try to send two players out and the bid gets rejected or could still get rejected you have no real choice but to deny it with everything you have since those players are going to still be around.
I’m pretty sure we’d have checked that the players would be willing to go before we offered them, otherwise the whole charade would be pretty pointless.

The most worrying aspect of this is that we are clearly struggling for a transfer strategy. A random lowball offer for Zaha, which was never going to be accepted.
Seems like a mess.

Yeah just makes us look small-fry! Either pay what they want or dont bother....

I don't know if that is a good decision from his perspective. A lot can change in a year so if Chelsea are saying now that they'll be in later on they might not actually be. Same goes for Batshauyi. If he has a great season at Chelsea this year he will be looking for Europe. It seems a risky game to play to turn everything down and try again in a year.
Yes I agree, what if has a bad injury that could scupper a move. Also what if Zaha gets 15 goals next season palace will want a 100mil. Also Chelsea have spent 60mil on a wide player in pulisic and have Hudson Odoi would they really want to spend that type on a player they don’t really need and he will be nearly 28.

None of the other top 6 will want him. I actually think if he doesn’t go this summer. He will stay at palace until he’s about 30 and has 1yr left. What a wasted career.

That I cant answer Tim, but it seems official enough for us to take notice.

But it wouldnt be the first time a club has ended interest in a player only to buy them the next day or so.

Doubt this is the end yet.

The follow up article seems to leave it a wee bit open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back