Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the club would flat out snub the local paper. It's in both their interests to cooperate.

Obviously during transfer negotiations it could be expedient to send some false signals, but in general I'd expect the echo journalists to have as good an insight as anyone into what's happening.

True in the past... but under Brands they appear to have been cut out of the loop. We have just officially confirmed we made a club record bid of around £52m for a player the Echo stated we had no interest in. Even if we've decided not to follow up that interest and the second bid was false... we were certainly interested. In almost every other link this summer the Echo appear to be 24 hours behind the rest of the world. Even now the language used about Kean in The Echo is very conservative suggesting we are considering bidding... whilst everyone else is saying talks are at a very advanced stage.

Honestly, wouldn't really be impressed.

No way he comes in as 3rd choice behind Keane & Mina. If Brands likes him. Maybe we buy him or sell Holgate and he comes in as 4th choice.

Doesn’t really make Sense us loaning a Chelsea youngster with no prem experience, when we have our own young CB. That’s like going back to the bad old days, I thought the plan was to challenge the likes of Chelsea

We've just lost in my eyes top-3 Defensive mid in the league, and replaced him in name only by Delph.

Even if we sign Gbamin we've downgraded.

Let's hope it gets better.
We will sign players no doubt. There is question if we can get the quality or numbers needed.

Brands delivered last year so he has proven form to do it, let's hope he has got this.

I wish I can just fast forward to season is starting, to be honest.

Have you ever watched Gbamin play? Bare in mind a lot here questioned Gana's signing because his YouTube wasn't that impressive at the time. Defensive players can be harder for us mere civilians to spot.

Heads falling off all over the place and no-one has asked the question:
- We are talking about including our only striker in a swap for Zaha and signing a 19 year old who has scored 7 goals in a team that walks their league every year.
Starting the season with Kean, Niasse and DCL is absolutely horrific!
I’d take DCL over Tosun every day of the week.

Tosun is a better finisher but rarely gets in the position to use it. DCL brings much more to our overall play and our results show it.
We've just lost in my eyes top-3 Defensive mid in the league, and replaced him in name only by Delph.

Even if we sign Gbamin we've downgraded.

Let's hope it gets better.
We will sign players no doubt. There is question if we can get the quality or numbers needed.

Brands delivered last year so he has proven form to do it, let's hope he has got this.

I wish I can just fast forward to season is starting, to be honest.
we won’t be aiming to sign a like for like replacement for Gana - there’s only a handful of players out there who do what he does at that level.

We’ll be replacing him with someone who is perhaps a little weaker defensively, but more dynamic going forward.

Have you ever watched Gbamin play? Bare in mind a lot here questioned Gana's signing because his YouTube wasn't that impressive at the time. Defensive players can be harder for us mere civilians to spot.

I have, he's a brute and likes to kick everyone. With VAR and poor refereeing in this league he will pick up more yellow cards than in Germany for sure

Is a strange situation im sure we will see gana replacement first then seems to be we have been in talks with zouma and kean but have been struggling to get the deal done, then the other winger we want i have no idea seem to have been prices out of a few zaha pepe. Which could see us go back in for malcom neres traore ect

...it’s probably more about getting the salaries off the books. I wouldn’t be surprised if those in the last year of their contracts (McCarthy, Niasse, Mirallas) are looking at Bosman’s next summer so are not keen on permanent deals now.

For sure. likes of mirallas besic niasse bolasie I can see being shipped out to European teams on loan after our window ends.

Good job there's still a week of the transfer window to go before we kick a ball then

Compare the team on the 10th August
Why compare at that point? Why not wait until the end of the season and compare where we finish and then decide? Or maybe this is a long term project and we shouldn't compare until the end of 2023, just to be fair?

Alternatively, we could just comment on things as and when they happen like normal people.

True in the past... but under Brands they appear to have been cut out of the loop. We have just officially confirmed we made a club record bid of around £52m for a player the Echo stated we had no interest in. Even if we've decided not to follow up that interest and the second bid was false... we were certainly interested. In almost every other link this summer the Echo appear to be 24 hours behind the rest of the world. Even now the language used about Kean in The Echo is very conservative suggesting we are considering bidding... whilst everyone else is saying talks are at a very advanced stage.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back