Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't quite get my head round people using 'well it was even worse this time last season' as some sort of good thing. Last season was widely accepted as not being good enough. Half of you wanted the manager sacked about 6 months ago and now you're saying it's absolutely fine to be in this position because last season was even worse and we ended up 8th. Woohoo.

I was hoping we could push on this year. I still am. But I hoped we'd be in a better position than this 10 days before the season starts and I don't mind admitting it. We can sort this out. We will sort it out, at least to some extent. But none of you would have been happy if you'd been told 2 months ago that this is where we'd stand, so why pretend otherwise?

We don't need to say it's been a disaster, or that Brands is a fraud, or that it's already too late, but I'm not sure why we have to pretend that this is actually a good situation to be in. It's not.
If a week Friday this is the case I would agree but would you buy a car today when the one you want might become available tomorrow. If it doesn't you just go back and buy the one you could have had today. Stop flapping

The window is S T I L L open so it negates any moaning people currently have.
It depends what you class as moaning. If you're saying it's a disaster we're going down etc than yeah, I agree. But the post you're replying to literally says i'm not talking about those scenarios, so i'm not sure why you'd waste time talking about that.

It's a forum, people will post their opinions of things as they stand. If we get beat 42-0 by Palace next week will you be on here saying there's 37 games go to go, every body shut up because the season is S T I L L on? If you will, maybe just don't log on at all, because I don't think you quite grasp what forums are for. If you won't then, accept that this is the same situation.

I'm not claiming that this window will end badly. I'm just commenting on the here and now, and it's not great. Our own manager admits we need 5 players and it now looks almost certain that none of them will be ready to play for us in the first game. It's not ideal. It's not the apocalypse or anything, but it's worth commenting on. Trying to shut people up because they're showing a bit of concern is dead weird. People do it every summer, and most summers it turns out the people who were concerned were right.

The “brute” who’s picked up 7 bookings and 0 red cards over 61 Bundesliga games in the 2 seasons VAR has been a thing there - Andre Gomes managed 7 bookings and a 3 match suspension in the 27 games for us what does that make him?
He's definitely a bully, but he's rarely out of control and almost never goes to ground. He's not dirty or reckless. He's a really good standing tackler.

The one thing I genuinely find mental is the right back situation.

I know Kenny is poor and far from the answer. But we let him go early in preseason with clearly absolutely nothing lined up. And we've had to flog a senior player in Coleman during preseason.

I don't want to criticise, but that looks like either we had no plan or we have executed our plans very poorly.

...the plan might be that there is little to choose between Kenny and Holgate at RB. Release one immediately, keep the other as back-up unless we get a new player in. Keeping both Kenny and Holgate would be more odd.

The one thing I genuinely find mental is the right back situation.

I know Kenny is poor and far from the answer. But we let him go early in preseason with clearly absolutely nothing lined up. And we've had to flog a senior player in Coleman during preseason.

I don't want to criticise, but that looks like either we had no plan or we have executed our plans very poorly.
Cuco says hi.

It depends what you class as moaning. If you're saying it's a disaster we're going down etc than yeah, I agree. But the post you're replying to literally says i'm not talking about those scenarios, so i'm not sure why you'd waste time talking about that.

It's a forum, people will post their opinions of things as they stand. If we get beat 42-0 by Palace next week will you be on here saying there's 37 games go to go, every body shut up because the season is S T I L L on? If you will, maybe just don't log on at all, because I don't think you quite grasp what forums are for. If you won't then, accept that this is the same situation.

I'm not claiming that this window will end badly. I'm just commenting on the here and now, and it's not great. Our own manager admits we need 5 players and it now looks almost certain that none of them will be ready to play for us in the first game. It's not ideal. It's not the apocalypse or anything, but it's worth commenting on. Trying to shut people up because they're showing a bit of concern is dead weird. People do it every summer, and most summers it turns out the people who were concerned were right.
Everton need players.
The window is still open.
Everton can still sign players.
How am I trying to shut you up, Moan away m8 but the bottom line is we can get enough players to cover positions with the time left, It only becomes a concern when the window is shut and what business we have done.
I'm dealing in cold hard facts.

...the plan might be that there is little to choose between Kenny and Holgate at RB. Release one immediately, keep the other as back-up unless we get a new player in. Keeping both Kenny and Holgate would be more odd.

I'd agree with that, other than we had to use Holgate at centre half in most matches because we only have two senior centre halves. We need depth asap because you can't go a 38 game season without an injury unless you have crazy good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back