Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a week Friday this is the case I would agree but would you buy a car today when the one you want might become available tomorrow. If it doesn't you just go back and buy the one you could have had today. Stop flapping
I'm not flapping though. If you actually read any of my posts from today rather than just assuming you know what they say you'd see that. I can't change things, i'm fully aware of that. I don't get angry about Everton's transfers dealings, I have an actual life to live and enough to worry about in real life without getting stressed about Everton. I'm on an Everton forum though, so I'm talking about Everton. And as it's close season all we have to talk about is transfers. And as we aren't currently signing anyone, all we can talk about is the lack of signings. So i'm passing comment on that. It's pretty simple.

This forum brings no end of joy. We've sold one first team player who is 29. Remember we sold rooney on the final day with no time to replace him. Came 4th that year didnt we?

We have what, 9 days to bring people in. We also have a relatively straight forward first 6 matches where even if we arent 100% ready, we should still be able to get results. Our first 11 will potentially only have 2 different players in from what we ended the season with, maybe only 1 if we get zouma back. With possibly a better striker as well.

The one thing I genuinely find mental is the right back situation.

I know Kenny is poor and far from the answer. But we let him go early in preseason with clearly absolutely nothing lined up. And we've had to flog a senior player in Coleman during preseason.

I don't want to criticise, but that looks like either we had no plan or we have executed our plans very poorly.
Kevin Mirallas

Things are getting edgy now but still time and we have last summer to go on when they executed multiple deals in a single day.

So at least they have form for speedy execution once things go to the wire.

If we did not have last summer to go on under this management, we could be justifiably far more concerned.

It is what it is and far from ideal but 1) I have no doubt they are working diligently on multiple fronts 2) They will get the deals done to the best extent they can, when they can.

Things will happen. As always whether the players ultimately signed are what we need and we get as many as we need, that's anyone's guess.

I still think I'll be reasonably happy come a week on Thursday.

But Everton have made a statement saying it didn't happen. Someone, probably sky, made it up.
That doesn't mean we are telling the truth. Crossing sports again the Rockets in the NBA had their general manager loudly say he wasn't trying to trade a player before doing it two weeks later. He only did that so he could deny that he was actively trying to get rid of people in an effort to keep everyone happy.

Maybe that happened here. Maybe it didn't. But knowing how much deception is involved in transfers means a club statement really isn't enough to make me believe something when there are clear reasons for it to be false.

This forum brings no end of joy. We've sold one first team player who is 29. Remember we sold rooney on the final day with no time to replace him. Came 4th that year didnt we?

We have what, 9 days to bring people in. We also have a relatively straight forward first 6 matches where even if we arent 100% ready, we should still be able to get results. Our first 11 will potentially only have 2 different players in from what we ended the season with, maybe only 1 if we get zouma back. With possibly a better striker as well.

You should know that assuming Everton are going to beat teams doesn't end well :)

I understand the frustration. Not everybody who has aired frustration is panicking.

We had to take our time last year and I understand there is still a need to be patient this time around. But we have a lot of work to do and then start the season and really we want to be making the most of the opportunity we've got.

Just think the mods should re open last summer's transfer window so we can see the massive shift in emotion from this point last year to the last day of the window.

Just been looking at the pages from around this time last year and there's definitely less angst. The first posts I saw were offering Keane + £20m for Lascelles from Newcastle off the back of a terrible season for Keane.

We were also supposedly looking at Ndiaye at the time as well, then this happened on transfer deadline day;

And not to forget the really late deal for Zouma.

No need to be concerned the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back