Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking at but what I see has Fraser way better than Bernard this year in almost every stat. And I'm in no way saying sell Bernard. But should we be considering Lookman, Onyekuru and signing someone if there is an option available for his spot next year? I'd say absolutely yes.
Chances created in open play per 90 minutes. I posted them.

I recognize we need to create more chances as a team, but Bernard is one of the few that creates a lot. That needs to come from improvements at CF, CM, RB, and RW IMO.

Can I also say that Tammy Abraham at Aston Villa is not the answer at CF.

He said Lookman didnt show enough desire in training and that he hadnt progressed like Marco hoped he would. Those are not positive remarks about a young player and they back up every «he seems lazy or uninteressted» comment on here.

Silva quoted in the echo:
‘We know what his quality is and you know I believe in his quality since the first day I saw him so it has to be same Lookman everyday with the same desire everyday’
‘He is a young football player but, being honest with you, I expect Ademola to be on a different level already this season’
Heavy that is, Silva doesn’t seem the sort to risk a young players confidence by saying something like that unless he thought the player was already too far gone or needed something drastic

Chances created in open play per 90 minutes. I posted them.
Right I was saying that when you use a stat that adjusts for the quality of those chances it edges toward Fraser. Most of Bernard's creativity led to low percentage shots. For example one of his assists was passing to Digne against Burnley who then put it in the corner from 40 yards. That is hardly anything on Bernard's part. Those more advanced stats like Fraser a whole bunch more.

Right I was saying that when you use a stat that adjusts for the quality of those chances it edges toward Fraser. Most of Bernard's creativity led to low percentage shots. For example one of his assists was passing to Digne against Burnley who then put it in the corner from 40 yards. That is hardly anything on Bernard's part. Those more advanced stats like Fraser a whole bunch more.
Do you have expected assists per 90 minutes from open play for both? That would be interesting I would think.

Either way, Bernard is one of our few creators so I think you are being a bit harsh on the guy. I know we need to be more creative, but not sure he'd be the one I'd target to upgrade, although your point is well taken, at least by me.

We get it, you think Lookman is better than Bernard (Ryan Fraser and paper lungs too for that matter) However, the vast majority are not going to agree with that when they've watch both play. For Me Bernard was one of the better things about this season. Him and Digne ooze class down that side and when in full flow gave a lot of teams a hard time. You're entitled to your opinion (we all are), but I feel you're beating a dead horse now.

In other news.....transfers! Sign someone Marcel

Do you have expected assists per 90 minutes from open play for both? That would be interesting I would think.

Either way, Bernard is one of our few creators so I think you are being a bit harsh on the guy. I know we need to be more creative, but not sure he'd be the one I'd target to upgrade, although your point is well taken, at least by me.
That was one of the stats I was looking at. The site I use has Bernard at .11 and Fraser at .3. And I see him as the most likely to be upgradeable without giving away too much in the goal scoring department. Plus with Lookman and Onyekuru on the books it is possible we could do it without spending anymore. Gylfi and Richarlison are both pretty meh creatively as well but 13 goals each from midfield is valuable enough to overlook it.

Also why I think a striker like Haller who is a pretty effective passer could be game changing since we have these midfield goal scorers.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking at but what I see has Fraser way better than Bernard this year in almost every stat. And I'm in no way saying sell Bernard. But should we be considering Lookman, Onyekuru and signing someone if there is an option available for his spot next year? I'd say absolutely yes.

Actually, what you said is sell Bernard now and replace him with a mercurial 21 yo because our current run of form (1.9 per match last 11) isn’t good enough for next year (~73 pats)

What everyone else has said in response is some version of: yer nucking futs

We get it, you think Lookman is better than Bernard (Ryan Fraser and paper lungs too for that matter) However, the vast majority are not going to agree with that when they've watch both play. For Me Bernard was one of the better things about this season. Him and Digne ooze class down that side and when in full flow gave a lot of teams a hard time. You're entitled to your opinion (we all are), but I feel you're beating a dead horse now.

In other news.....transfers! Sign someone Marcel
Yeah I just have zero to do at work so I keep replying to people. I trust Marcel to work out the problems better than I can.

Actually, what you said is sell Bernard now and replace him with a mercurial 21 yo because our current run of form (1.9 per match last 11) isn’t good enough for next year (~73 pats)

What everyone else has said in response is some version of: yer nucking futs
I said in a hypothetical I'd take Lookman over Bernard. That isn't how football actually works. And I don't think 73 points is winning us the title so is it good enough? We can still improve.

In our never ending search for a striker, he may be a bit too much like DCL, but Jean-Phillipe Mateta is a beast at Mainz. Gbamin is probably their biggest name / prospect and he's super talented with an attitude problem, but Mateta is just a monster.

Never heard of him. Quick look though and just 1 goal in 12 against the top 6 teams in the league doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Mind you, we got along alright with Lukaku who never turned up against the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back