Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy that is, Silva doesn’t seem the sort to risk a young players confidence by saying something like that unless he thought the player was already too far gone or needed something drastic
My thought exactly. Hope Lookman makes it, very fun player to watch when doing well.

...Silva has said he wants two players competing for every position. That will take time, though, because the squad is already too big.

I’m not sure why it’s needed so much, particularly without being in Europe. If you look at the lot over the road they rely on the same 18 players and more often than not the same 11 give or take 1 or 2 changes per game. It’s the same for Barca, Bayern and even city to an extent. It’s the same players week in and week out. Admittedly you need to be lucky with injuries but for me it’s quality over quantity.

Ryan Fraser and Alex iwobi!!
Fraser had 14 assists this year. I'm pretty sure we have never had someone hit that number. It's nothing to laugh at. Iwobi does all the build up stuff people credit Bernard for and produces beyond that. He's youngish too. He'd be worth it.

Beyond that there are certainly players around Europe that could do well. That Trossard we were linked with is intriguing but I won't pretend to know the Belgian league well. I haven't looked into enough tbh but to suggest we can't do better is crazy when guys like Mahrez come from nowhere.

Fraser had 14 assists this year. I'm pretty sure we have never had someone hit that number. It's nothing to laugh at. Iwobi does all the build up stuff people credit Bernard for and produces beyond that. He's youngish too. He'd be worth it.

Beyond that there are certainly players around Europe that could do well. That Trossard we were linked with is intriguing but I won't pretend to know the Belgian league well. I haven't looked into enough tbh but to suggest we can't do better is crazy when guys like Mahrez come from nowhere.
Assists mean the strikers convert the chances. How many chances has bernard created that were not scored.
Stats only tell so much. How many times has he played a clever touch to put digne into space to cross or put siggy into space.
It was Bernard's first season in the league. There is every chance he will be even better next season.

Assists mean the strikers convert the chances. How many chances has bernard created that were not scored.
Stats only tell so much. How many times has he played a clever touch to put digne into space to cross or put siggy into space.
It was Bernard's first season in the league. There is every chance he will be even better next season.
There are other stats where Fraser kicks Bernard's butt too. It isn't even close.

In our never ending search for a striker, he may be a bit too much like DCL, but Jean-Phillipe Mateta is a beast at Mainz. Gbamin is probably their biggest name / prospect and he's super talented with an attitude problem, but Mateta is just a monster.
I like him, could be a cheaper alternative to Haller.... He had a very nice game against Frankfurt this past weekend.

You know Marcel likes French players.

Wonder if we will be in for Grealish if Villa don’t make it through this...

23 years old and English (after a bit of back n forth) so he fits the Brands model. Maybe spurs bound though after the previous speculation last year.

Stats mate .
If that is what your basing it that's your prerogative.
It worked for Billy Beane.
Not sure it works as well in football though
Its not the only thing I look at. But when a comparison has one player two times better in a bunch of areas I start to think that player might be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back