Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joa Mountinho being spotted at the Raddison hotel in the town center was a classic ITK story as well

Bahahaha I don’t remember that one, but many an ITK story is set there.

Do you recall the Virge Van Dirge meeting Koeman in an hotel outside Soton 2 years ago? Makes me want to conjure up a story worthy of the Weasel Index. xx

There's none at the moment mate.

Not from anyone on here or any account on Everton twitter.

Some are good at second guessing and riding the media wave, but that's all it is.

It has been years since there's been legit ITK transfer stuff in here or Everton Twitter - the club got a grip of it/people moved on.

You only need to look at last summer too, clearly Brands wants business done in the background which is the right way to do it. Lets be honest, I hadn't heard of Gomes, had only seen Mina at a world cup, knew the name Bernard from when we were linked with Fonseca, didn't know who Digne was etc. Most of the signings will come from left field but will be done quite quickly.

Kipper that wasn’t it?

Lids calling it asking to speak to a Mr Mountinho hahaha.

Yeah, classic Kipper. Love the Transfer Window for the lolz and fume.

I remember one ITK story from the Radisson, were it was a worker and they got notified to book a room for Kenwright and his posse to meet a player flying in, but can’t remember the player. Might have been Moutinho, but there were so many.

I remember one ITK story from the Radisson, were it was a worker and they got notified to book a room for Kenwright and his posse to meet a player flying in, but can’t remember the player. Might have been Moutinho, but there were so many.

Peak Kipper that

I remember someone claiming to have a mate working at the Radisson who said he thought Mountinho was there because someone had ordered a load of paella on the room service... despite paella being a Spanish dish :lol:

You only need to look at last summer too, clearly Brands wants business done in the background which is the right way to do it. Lets be honest, I hadn't heard of Gomes, had only seen Mina at a world cup, knew the name Bernard from when we were linked with Fonseca, didn't know who Digne was etc. Most of the signings will come from left field but will be done quite quickly.

Last summer we even had the media ITKs going in hard on Tierney, then Sky about that German LB. Meanwhile Big Marcel is in Barca signing the best LB in Europe for less than a Solanke.

Dare I ask how he was “found out”? Or do you just mean when it transpired that Mata/Witsel were not, indeed, “ours”?

The nonsense that spewed forth from Twitter ITKs was one of the reasons I binned Twitter.

he passed stuff on in good faith, then when they didnt happen, got hounded off here basically. Some say he didnt have any info, some say (who know him), that he did, but like you say, the deals didnt complete.

There's none at the moment mate.

Not from anyone on here or any account on Everton twitter.

Some are good at second guessing and riding the media wave, but that's all it is.

It has been years since there's been legit ITK transfer stuff in here or Everton Twitter - the club got a grip of it/people moved on.

he passed stuff on in good faith, then when they didnt happen, got hounded off here basically. Some say he didnt have any info, some say (who know him), that he did, but like you say, the deals didnt complete.

Is the view that there was some truth to the transfer rumours he passed on then? Or was it all waffle?

Shame really, it was a boss time on here reading what looked like the inside scoop.

@GrandOldTeam you should've banned anyone who dared to question @DAVIDMOYES lol

Is the view that there was some truth to the transfer rumours he passed on then? Or was it all waffle?

The view on here, being the internet and that, is that it was all waffle. The truth is that the early stuff was sourced, but delivered with way too much certainty. Tis the way with those who choose to share stuff they ultimately have no control over the finality of the outcome.

I always enjoyed the slightly ambiguous tone used during the golden age of the ITK on here. They rarely came flat out and said so-and -so is signing at noon in finch farm. Rather they were told by a friend who owns a chippy 2 miles from the ground that (Bernard ) a short skinny man with a south american accent came in for a fish supper part way through his medical - or something a little more cryptic

The view on here, being the internet and that, is that it was all waffle. The truth is that the early stuff was sourced, but delivered with way too much certainty. Tis the way with those who choose to share stuff they ultimately have no control over the finality of the outcome.

Esk was sound, shame that the flaky info ruined the forum's view of him but as you say his delivery was a bit too much.

I was always more intrigued about people who got team news very early on match day (sometimes the evening before). Some people clearly have contacts with people involved with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back