Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert on him tbh, but he is rated as an elite player that was interesting Barca and is capable of demanding a large wage based on his progress so far and potential to progress further. If we are actually in the business of paying massive signing on fees to quality free transfers, like Bernard, who is said to have commanded a 10 million pound signing on fee, then I think it makes sense to attract a top quality mercenary like Rabiot for a 20 million signing on fee. He would cost less than Gomes, but would be much better.

I'd personally sack off our desire to find a new right back, and sign Rabiot and Gomes so that our central midfield featured Gueye, Rabiot and Gomes. We'd have one of the best midfields in Europe.

If for some miracle we pulled off the signing of both Rabiot and Gomes then Gueye would be sold

I'm no expert on him tbh, but he is rated as an elite player that was interesting Barca and is capable of demanding a large wage based on his progress so far and potential to progress further. If we are actually in the business of paying massive signing on fees to quality free transfers, like Bernard, who is said to have commanded a 10 million pound signing on fee, then I think it makes sense to attract a top quality mercenary like Rabiot for a 20 million signing on fee. He would cost less than Gomes, but would be much better.

I'd personally sack off our desire to find a new right back, and sign Rabiot and Gomes so that our central midfield featured Gueye, Rabiot and Gomes. We'd have one of the best midfields in Europe.

Kid's clearly talented, but there's baggage.

He's spent 6 months flirting with all of the top tier clubs and thus far no-one has bought him a blue WKD and taken him home.

1) I imagine his sights are set a little higher than Everton
2) Whilst there's always spin on things like player attitudes, there's no smoke without fire.

He's spent 6 months flirting with all of the top tier clubs and thus far no-one has bought him a blue WKD and taken him home.

2) Whilst there's always spin on things like player attitudes, there's no smoke without fire.
There’s really no attitude issues with him just his mom

All valid points, but I actually think they are factors that open the door to todays Everton that would normally be slammed shut.

We already have mercenaries with crap attitudes, the problem is that they are also crap at footy. Getting Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Niasse off the wage bill would more than cover the wages of Rabiot, and we'd be much better off without even adding to the wage bill.

If you want top players you need to pay top money. City bridged the gap through signing a load of mercenaries at first, Tevez Robinho etc We should do the same, I think.

All valid points, but I actually think they are factors that open the door to todays Everton that would normally be slammed shut.

We already have mercenaries with crap attitudes, the problem is that they are also crap at footy. Getting Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Niasse off the wage bill would more than cover the wages of Rabiot, and we'd be much better off without even adding to the wage bill.

If you want top players you need to pay top money. City bridged the gap through signing a load of mercenaries at first, Tevez Robinho etc We should do the same, I think.

Brands stated:

Big fees, lower wages.

The wage bill is causing problems here, so a player who commands close to 200k a week is more than likely going elsewhere.

The links to Sosa and Under would match the remit more.

Brands will know who and what to target.

Brands stated:

Big fees, lower wages.

The wage bill is causing problems here, so a player who commands close to 200k a week is more than likely going elsewhere.

The links to Sosa and Under would match the remit more.

Brands will know who and what to target.

Was it Brands or Moshiri? How does signing Bernard, Mina and Digne fit in with this 'big fee lower wages' model? Wasn't the loan fee for Zouma in excess of 6 million quid?

AGM's are full of BS clichés, where people are trying to sound as revolutionary as possible. The old Sunderland chairman, Ellis Short, once harped on about the 'Udinese Model', as if it was some kind of revolutionary approach. It was just the age old tactic of buying low and selling high whilst remaining competitive that every club would like to do if they could do so. The reality is very different, as proven by our successful signings under Brands.

Was it Brands or Moshiri? How does signing Bernard, Mina and Digne fit in with this 'big fee lower wages' model? Wasn't the loan fee for Zouma in excess of 6 million quid?

AGM's are full of BS clichés, where people are trying to sound as revolutionary as possible. The old Sunderland chairman, Ellis Short, once harped on about the 'Udinese Model', as if it was some kind of revolutionary approach. It was just the age old tactic of buying low and selling high whilst remaining competitive that every club would like to do if they could do so. The reality is very different, as proven by our successful signings under Brands.

The problem is returning players.

As it stands we have all the rubbish out on loan trundling back.

We need to streamline as well as attract more quality.

A fine balancing act.

The problem is returning players.

As it stands we have all the rubbish out on loan trundling back.

We need to streamline as well as attract more quality.

A fine balancing act.

Indeed. I think our problem with the wage bill is more about the level of waste and inefficiency than any difficulty with affordability.

I do accept that we need to get rid of the dross before adding to the squad. But getting rid of the dross should leave a LOT of money to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back