Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has literally never been an ITK. If you’re going on Internet forums looking for information on who clubs are going to sign then quite frankly you’ll believe anything and you are the “eejit”.

I used to be ITK I had a great contact , one of the best possible for transfers apart from the manager and chairman pretty much. They were responsible for arranging travel and accomodation for staff and players as one of their duties. He was quite high up , I gave up when I posted about a player coming in for talks and got dogs abuse so I didn’t bother anymore and now I’m not sure if the fella still works there . The info was good and it hit the papers a week later and the player signed for Blackburn. This was back before GOT on another old Everton forum

Just read Man utd have offered Robiot £9m per season and we are also in talks with him. I would not be happy for us to sign a player on that kind of money. Just imagine if it doesn't work out, we will be lumbered with a player who we can only loan out, as no one else will take on a flop on that money, like Sandro, but worse.

173k a week, just give him a massive signing fee I which is the equivalent of a decent transfer fee and then give him reduced wages.

Just read Man utd have offered Robiot £9m per season and we are also in talks with him. I would not be happy for us to sign a player on that kind of money. Just imagine if it doesn't work out, we will be lumbered with a player who we can only loan out, as no one else will take on a flop on that money, like Sandro, but worse.
9m is basically 170k/week. If we got him on 140k/week would be 7m. Give him that plus about 12m sign on, pretend it’s a transfer fee, and it doesn’t seem so bad.

Hello FFP my old friend. We lost 80m last year according to Esk.

The end is nigh

Book losses, yes. But there were 22M in unique expenses that we won't have this year that will help relatively speaking. In addition, we incurred 11M in stadium expenses last year that don't count against FFP, so we pretty much broken even last year and made 31M the year before for FFP. So not sure it matters too much, really.

Unfortunately, until we can shift the tons of deadwood on wasted wages (see Schneiderlen, Sandro, mirallas, bolassie, niasse, tosun + combined wages of around 15 others who aren’t needed), it’s difficult to see us offering anyone the wages some are suggesting we give to rabiot.

I get the argument about high signing on fee and I have started to accept that to get the top players on free transfers that is a strategy that could work (I was dead against offering such huge signing on fees initially).

I can’t see rabiot being anything but out of reach. There was a suggestion we pay £120k a week and £20m signing on fee for him - works out as the equivalent of £196k a week over 5 years.
If Utd paid £170k a week and £5m signing on fee it’s the equivalent of £189k a week.
Do we honestly think he’d pick us over Utd for £7k a week extra when he’d be getting paid so much? - European football (albeit not CL), playing in a top stadium. I get Utd have struggled of late but I just don’t see us winning this one. I get that we’re Everton and we’re on the move and utd are going backwards etc etc but in reality we haven’t won anything for years and Utd have. They also have resources we can only seem to dream of at present.

On a side - these sought if deals are going to impact on the transfer market as a whole in the next 5 or so years I think. Why would a player sign a new contract at a club when they know they can run their contract down and demand a huge signing on fee and massive wages. I think more and more players are going to be doing this to the extent where it changes the whole market.

Also, I was in a terrible mood the other day so I apologise to anyone I was picking arguments with / being dismissive of unnecessarily.

This chap Sosa is definitely someone who fits the mould of whaf Silva wants as a DM.

I like that rather than signing good players were pinpointing players to fit specific positions within a specific strategy / playing style.

Sosa would be an u23 team player, so one for the future.

When is your daily transfer round up going to start @Eggs. It is very much appreciated by me and many others. Apologies in advance if you’ve already mentioned this.

...no problem, Matey.

The international window doesn’t open until the 11th June. France opens at the same time but the Spanish, German and Italian windows open early July. I’m not expecting anything to happen until those dates, so i’ll probably start it towards the end of next week.

Hope that is ok.

2FB74FAD-9974-4121-BC21-3C5E21D78F49.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back