Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent 11m on lookman who we don’t play, 11m on Vlasic that’s played about 10 games and 7m on a player that has never and may never even pull on an Everton shirt in his career

to be fair, in both cases we would more than likely double our money in selling them

something you can do if you buy young, the mistake is buying the older players on big wages and don't play them, nightmare to sell

see bolasie, niasse, tosun etc

Anyone have any sugestions, idea's of centre halves with similar attributes to Zouma, should the we not be able to get him over the line?

The model he described was about relatively low wages though, not properly low wages. He described Lukaku's £70k a week as low. The context he was talking in was about spending huge amounts of money, he specifically used the example of us not being able to pay someone £250k a week to replace Lukaku. All these people saying 'it goes against the model' weren't paying attention to what was actually said, they've just read the headline. There was nothing to suggest we wouldn't pay people £100k a week or more, just that we couldn't replace players on £70k a week with ones on £250k a week.

I thought that would be pretty obvious tho wouldn’t it? Seeing as our top earner is siggy on 140k isn’t he? I didnt realise he actually mentioned specific amounts , sorry if I have missed something and jumped the gun. I assumed he meant we had to buy potential and we were well within limits for spending on fees but our wages were to high or close to being to high for FFP

I thought that would be pretty obvious tho wouldn’t it? Seeing as our top earner is siggy on 140k isn’t he? I didnt realise he actually mentioned specific amounts , sorry if I have missed something and jumped the gun. I assumed he meant we had to buy potential and we were well within limits for spending on fees but our wages were to high or close to being to high for FFP

siggy won't be on 140k, not having that

to be fair, in both cases we would more than likely double our money in selling them

something you can do if you buy young, the mistake is buying the older players on big wages and don't play them, nightmare to sell

see bolasie, niasse, tosun etc

I’m not saying they were bad signings , just that someone said that it’s doubtful we would spend 15m euros on a youth player that we don’t intend to play, I merely pointed out that we have I fact done it already

Not a chance are we paying over £10m for a player to play in our u23’s.

Plus I can’t see him being too impressed when we tell him he’s going to be playing in front of minimal crowds for the foreseeable.

...Adeniran, Virginia and Gibson all costly purchases and U23 regulars.

If the link is true, I imagine he’ll be introduced into the 1st team set-up in the hope he can adjust quickly. U23 games might be part of the initial plan, but how many will depend on him.

No? Isn’t Walcott on 120k sandro on 120k seems to reason that our record signing would be on more money wouldn’t it? I stand to be corrected I just assumed he would be on more than those

I've got no idea what he is actually on like, but can't see it being that much

he came from Swansea who would have been paying him about 60k a week? seems absolute brain dead to more than double it ( then again we had steve walsh )

Walcott, can understand being higher as he came from Arsenal and was probably already on around 100k a week ( again daft wages for a average player )

Not a chance are we paying over £10m for a player to play in our u23’s.

Plus I can’t see him being too impressed when we tell him he’s going to be playing in front of minimal crowds for the foreseeable.

That was my first thought too.

Strikes me as a weird deal if as reported.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back