Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always ever a cover option out on the left otherwise we wouldn't have spent £40 million+ on another player in his exact position in Richarlison.

Its only the fact that we have no decent option in CF and RW that Richarlison has been moved out of LW and Bernard has played.

If you think we won't upgrade on Bernard fair enough but I'll eat my hat if Brands doesnt bring in either another LW/RW whichever wing Richarlison isnt playing on next season.

Lol.

I've read enough of your posts on this forum to come to the conclusion that you're the very definition of a 4chan virgin.

Do nothing but attack other people online to play to the crowd without actually being able to hold a proper conversation.

Your typical responses and constant desire to name call/ act like whoever disagrees with you is retarded paints you as a sad and nasty person pal - would hate to bump into you on a night out fella you deffo would be the type who could start an argument in an empty room!

....seems a bit daft giving him a season long contract and then sending him on loan for it’s duration. It means he can go for free at the end of it.

I wonder if it’s more to do with ensuring there are sufficient numbers for the U23s, especially if the likes of Feeney goes on loan and Gibson steps up.
What I was thinking Eggs is that they haven't made their mind up on him yet. He has had a couple of injuries and apparently a bit of a growth spurt which, as you know, can sometime affect their form and fitness. So they give him an extra year and send him out to see how he does. But you could be right. I can't imagine either Robinson or Connolly coming back into the U23 fold next season and I reckon Feeney will go out on loan so Gibson will be marshalling the back 4.

Why does everyone seem to want Gana shipped out so much?
Because of the way his advancing age affects his value, and his marketability.

If we keep him now, we will need to bring in a replacement in two years BUT we will lose the ability to sell him for a decent wedge, because his value will drop over that period. It's inevitable.

As good as he is now, we know two things:

1) He will age
2) With age, his performances will deteriorate

If we are getting decent offers now, we need to take a commercial view on the best move. As much as we might not WANT to sell him, we know that we are going to have to replace him sooner rather than later. Therefore, take the money.

It's the cash-driven version of the approach the New England Patriots keep their roster refreshed - don't wait until a guy's performance drops off a cliff before you try to get rid of him and replace him, because:

a) no-one will offer you anything for him; and
b) everyone will hold you over a barrel when you come looking for his replacement.

For too long we have adopted a nostalgia-based approach, ignoring commercial realities, and kept players for too long. Jagielka is a prime example of this.

But we completely lose any sort of defensive ability swapping them? Rabiot plays like Gomes.

Depends if Rabiot plays 6 or 8.

I think we will do away with any Gana type if we sold him and go for someone with strong all round ability which negates the need for Gana+Schneiderlin.

I suspect Rabiot would be a star at 6 and Sosa could also be the one to mould.

Rabiot imo is FAR stronger defensively than Gomes...only similar comparison is their size, passing and desire to run forward with the ball.

I've read enough of your posts on this forum to come to the conclusion that you're the very definition of a 4chan virgin.

Do nothing but attack other people online to play to the crowd without actually being able to hold a proper conversation.

Your typical responses and constant desire to name call/ act like whoever disagrees with you is retarded paints you as a sad and nasty person pal - would hate to bump into you on a night out fella you deffo would be the type who could start an argument in an empty room!

LOL.

Just for your info.

The use of the word of the word “ retarded “ is generally frowned upon on here.

Might help you stick around a bit longer before the inevitable ban.

Depends if Rabiot plays 6 or 8.

I think we will do away with any Gana type if we sold him and go for someone with strong all round ability which negates the need for Gana+Schneiderlin.

I suspect Rabiot would be a star at 6 and Sosa could also be the one to mould.

Rabiot imo is FAR stronger defensively than Gomes...only similar comparison is their size, passing and desire to run forward with the ball.

My concern if Gana goes would be that we'll be alot weaker defensively in open play.

Gana is massively underrated in our set up imo.

Basically a piece on 7 brazilian young players with some details on all...were not mentioned.

However, you never know what Brands may do.

Id like to see some Sosa type deals...

Why does everyone seem to want Gana shipped out so much?
I like Gana I really do but I get flashbacks of him being in really good positions in matches and he just waste chances away because he's so poor offensively, I know I shouldn't hold him accountable for that but it winds me up when he's hitting shots outside the stadium from outside the penalty box, His defensive game is top notch but I'd love someone who can do the defensive work and just be a little more clinical offensively too.

My concern if Gana goes would be that we'll be alot weaker defensively in open play.

Gana is massively underrated in our set up imo.

I dont think Gana / Gomes / Sigurdsson is a very good midfield

Id like to see a different midfield next season and I like the Sosa move as it would give us a player in DM who can pass...

Individually defensively Gana is great...but the team hasnt been successful with him and hes only looked truly elite since PSG came in for him during Jan.

The only way we can compete is either by getting stars like Rabiot or moulding players like Sosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back