Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gana has never been a master of the number 6 position.

And interesting using one of the greatest players ever as a comparison of someone playing well into their 30’s
He is one of the best in the world in his position
Hence PSG and United links
Only Kante is slightly better in the PL at the moment and he doesn’t play in that position any more

I would be looking for 60 mill for Digne min, o Rose, straight cash, then still be upset.

Agreed, I think we have to get used to churn in the squad but only where we stand to make a hefty profit for reinvestment (relating to players where we otherwise would want to stay, that is).

There is simply no point otherwise in sacrificing any of our better players, Digne included, if we are just going to swap one player for another, with the much bigger risk of the replacement not being at the same level.

To sell one of our best players, it must be for a cash offer than we cannot refuse.

Agreed, I think we have to get used to churn in the squad but only where we stand to make a hefty profit for reinvestment (relating to players where we otherwise would want to stay, that is).

There is simply no point otherwise in sacrificing any of our better players, Digne included, if we are just going to swap one player for another, with the much bigger risk of the replacement not being at the same level.

To sell one of our best players, it must be for a cash offer than we cannot refuse.

My thoughts exactly, im looking at players being with us over a three cycle to be honest. Buying low, selling high and reinvesting and slowly titrating up the quality of the squad. Its the model Spurs have used themselves. Until eventually you can offer players CL, a decent chance of Silverware and all the trapping and financial benefits that go with it.

Id have a low threshold for letting Idrissa go based on this philosophy, of course only if the deal hit key points of advantage for us.

He is one of the best in the world in his position
Hence PSG and United links
Only Kante is slightly better in the PL at the moment and he doesn’t play in that position any more
If you say so, but he’s definitely not a number 6. In the same mould as Fernandinho & makelele
And PSG wanted him Jan but said they only had so much money, then went and spent more on an Argentinian midfielder. They want Allan from Napoli, but are being quoted silly money.
Gana is very much a back up option for PSG

As fir the UTD link, who knows

Amazing how people are going overboard about Gueye. Decent player yeah, but let’s not forget this is the guy who has been central amongst some torrid Everton midfields, struggles to make forward passes when in possession, got waltzed round by Coutinho as one example do numerous times our midfield has been ran through. Yet because he put in half a season of decent form and a big name is after him he’s currently become one of the best players in the world on his position?!

Amazing how people are going overboard about Gueye. Decent player yeah, but let’s not forget this is the guy who has been central amongst some torrid Everton midfields, struggles to make forward passes when in possession, got waltzed round by Coutinho as one example do numerous times our midfield has been ran through. Yet because he put in half a season of decent form and a big name is after him he’s currently become one of the best players in the world on his position?!

Something that since his failed move to PSG, he's improved on. Hasn't spat his dummy out and remained professional. If replacement can be brought in alongside Gomes, we shouldn't stand in his way given his age. He deserves a chance to play in the CL.

Something that since his failed move to PSG, he's improved on. Hasn't spat his dummy out and remained professional. If replacement can be brought in alongside Gomes, we shouldn't stand in his way given his age. He deserves a chance to play in the CL.

It’s a good deal all round. Gives him a few years at the top level, gives us a huge profit on a player who will start to decline soon. Good all round. We can get a player that suits Silva’s system better, a proper distributed from deep midfield to play with Gomes.

Historically Gueye passing has been lacklustre at best, but you have to give the guy credit him and Silva said he needed to improve in this department and the last 6 months he has improved exponentially. However, its not just the last 6 months that he has been a great player, i think i recall Lukaku winning player of the year and saying that Gueye should have won the award.

The issues with leaking goals wasn't due to him it was set up / new manager / defence etc, his statistics cannot be matched ( other than Kante) in terms of interceptions etc.

The guy is a class act and the interest from PSG & United is testament to that. Is he one of the best players in the world, no!is he world class at what he does, yes.

We have to keep the guy.

He has been boss since he got here. Its not half a season.

And the passing forward thing is an utter myth. I cant believe people still bring that one up. For a player, playing the role he does, his forward play is pretty good.

He has already played in the Champions league.

He can stay here and bloody well like it.

He has been boss since he got here. Its not half a season.

And the passing forward thing is an utter myth. I cant believe people still bring that one up. For a player, playing the role he does, his forward play is pretty good.

Simply not true. He was terrible last season. Awful at times. He barely got back to some average form at the end of the season. But to say he’s been boss since he arrived is ridiculous.

He was quite decent in 16/17 although not CL level performance by any stretch.

17/18 see above

First half of this season I’d say he was back at his first season level. Since January he has stepped it up (in my opinion because he wants a move this summer).

Decent player no doubt but these shouts of best in the world in his position are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back