Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how people are going overboard about Gueye. Decent player yeah, but let’s not forget this is the guy who has been central amongst some torrid Everton midfields, struggles to make forward passes when in possession, got waltzed round by Coutinho as one example do numerous times our midfield has been ran through. Yet because he put in half a season of decent form and a big name is after him he’s currently become one of the best players in the world on his position?!

I think you're revising history there tbh. He's been consistently one of our best players since moving here, and he's an exceptional performer in a role where it is hard to find players. Identifying stuff he's not so good at doesn't change that, same as how we don't criticise keepers for not scoring more goals. There's a good reason PSG are after him, and I'm inclined to stick to a pretty good rule of thumb when it comes to transfer windows: Don't sell your best players

Simply not true. He was terrible last season. Awful at times. He barely got back to some average form at the end of the season. But to say he’s been boss since he arrived is ridiculous.

He was quite decent in 16/17 although not CL level performance by any stretch.

17/18 see above

First half of this season I’d say he was back at his first season level. Since January he has stepped it up (in my opinion because he wants a move this summer).

Decent player no doubt but these shouts of best in the world in his position are ridiculous.
Its all opinions, but I personally couldn’t disagree with a post more.
If nothing else he was integral to our impressive performances when the team finally clicked.
While few players are irreplaceable, I would prefer to start the season with Gana in the team rather than gambling on a new player hitting the ground running or patiently waiting while he adjusts to a new league.

Simply not true. He was terrible last season. Awful at times. He barely got back to some average form at the end of the season. But to say he’s been boss since he arrived is ridiculous.

He was quite decent in 16/17 although not CL level performance by any stretch.

17/18 see above

First half of this season I’d say he was back at his first season level. Since January he has stepped it up (in my opinion because he wants a move this summer).

Decent player no doubt but these shouts of best in the world in his position are ridiculous.

It's getting the middle ground really. Of course best in the world is way off but so is saying he can't pass forwards.

He is a very good player, one of our better ones (our best for me but there are others in that discussion).

I don't think he was terrible at all last season, some people weirdly started to think that he should be scoring and assisting loads all of a sudden last season instead of using him for what his strengths are.

I would say he was playing his best football at the end of last season because we finally looked to have a team who could keep possession and made runs a bit more than what we had. he is perfect with a good team of players around him making intelligent runs. Means he doesn't have to force passes quite so much.

Amazing how people are going overboard about Gueye. Decent player yeah, but let’s not forget this is the guy who has been central amongst some torrid Everton midfields, struggles to make forward passes when in possession, got waltzed round by Coutinho as one example do numerous times our midfield has been ran through. Yet because he put in half a season of decent form and a big name is after him he’s currently become one of the best players in the world on his position?!
Made the most accurate forward passes than any of our players last season.

But okay.

First of all, he's not costing a couple thousand. Second of all, he's been terrible in the U20 World Cup. Third of all, he wasn't that good against France.

He's a good prospect, but he's NOWHERE NEAR ready for the PL.
Lmao who have you been watching? Because sounds like you’re watching Gloster or Ream. Dest has consistently been performing in the u20 WC and even the commentators were commenting during the game how they’ve noticed nothing has been able to get down his side of the field and that Diaby needed to switch to the right side to get the freedom he wanted.

He’s been easily one of our best players alongside Soto and Llanez and Pomykal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back