Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it hard to believe our pursuit of Zaha is suddenly over. I imagine we’ll revisit closer to the deadline with a bit of brinksmanship.

Hoping Marcel does his best work when he has a deadline to push against. If not, this whole window makes zero sense given the ‘we’ve identified our targets and plan to get them in early’ talk at the end of last season.

Find it hard to believe our pursuit of Zaha is suddenly over. I imagine we’ll revisit closer to the deadline with a bit of brinksmanship.

Hoping Marcel does his best work when he has a deadline to push against. If not, this whole window makes zero sense given the ‘we’ve identified our targets and plan to get them in early’ talk at the end of last season.
The problem with that talk is it only works for clubs that can pay whatever the selling club wants and don't have to convince players that they are the best option. So basically Real Madrid, City, Juventus and Barcelona. Everyone else can have intentions of doing that but if the prices aren't what they like or the players indecisive they have no way of making it happen.

He is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay.
That's it in a nutshell.
But also factor in the English tax, sale to a fellow club, those two factors will bump up the price of any player.
He is an important player for Palace so they will want adequate compensation in order to replace him, otherwise they may flirt with the drop quite dangerously.

I dont understand this mate.

I know Brands has only had 1 window, but he hasnt left us down in the past, what makes you think he will start now?

Thats how you keep the faith, judge the man on his past actions.

Also whats the point in worrying yourself silly? Just assume that we will get in what we need, in 10 days time, if we dont, well you worry about it then, positive mental attitude, it wont help us get the players in, but it stops you from eating yourself up.

Not being an arse or condescending mate, I realise that its hard to keep the faith in a club that constantly tests it.

I know your not being an arse or anything, in fact I get where you are coming from . It’s not so much Brands, it’s the whole set up. I’ll be the first to admit that Everton have made me very pessimistic over the years, usually one step forward and two back and I get really tired of it. The “Oh here we go again ffs” feeling. Some have stronger faith or a sense of patience better than I do which deep down I admit I wish I had.

For example finishing we were have in recent years and some people saying to me I should be content with these 7th, “best of the rest” type finishes...I find them boring mate or have gotten bored with them. Now things could be worse of course and you could say I’m being a brat or inpatient.

like all of us I’m desperate for us to have significant things to cheer about and my growing impatience and pessimism just gets on top of that at times. Best way I can describe it at the moment.

If we don't manage to get a replacement for Gueye and are forced to rely on the talents of DCL and welbeck up top, how quickly will the "Brands out" thread reach 50 pages ???

What's with all the pant pissing?

We offered 55 large.
Palace said nah, we want 80 yenno fam.
Marcel said 55 and players?
Nah, 80 large fam innit.
Marcel said nah, we aint dropping 80 big on Wilf. Not in this lifetime or the next. We done fam?
Done fam.
Fist bump, shades on, outta there.

No drama fam

What's with all the pant pissing?

We offered 55 large.
Palace said nah, we want 80 yenno fam.
Marcel said 55 and players?
Nah, 80 large fam innit.
Marcel said nah, we aint dropping 80 big on Wilf. Not in this lifetime or the next. We done fam?
Done fam.
Fist bump, shades on, outta there.

No drama fam
When did Palace put Troopz in charge of their negotiations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back