Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True mate however Gbamin may take a few months to get upto speed with the Prem and Delph is a tidy player but nothing magical and is pretty injury prone.

I think if Docoure came in it would allow us to slowly introduce Gbamin whilst at the same time adjusting the style of our midfield when required.

I like Mina alot but dont think him and Keane are suited together - I think both thrive more with a pacey CB alongside them.

See him, there above, he’s a donkey and massively overrated

no other player had more man of the match awards last season.. 2nd highest average game rating on whoscored behind Digne...Just saying... consistency and all.. I agree pacy players around you makes you better.. but wouldnt that go for any number 10... No issue with your opinion.. just see it differently.

MOTM awards are skewed by scoring belters out of nowhere or suddenly threading an unstoppable through ball, which Sigurdsson does. It influences decisions in a 1-0 win or a 2-1 defeat - it makes you ignore the fact he did sod all else for 89 minutes. Same with whoscored - goals and assists skew the stats.

I'm honestly not saying he's dreadful, but I'm saying he's a large part of why we languished for large parts last season as he was a square peg in a round hole. The fella has ability, but it needs to be accommodated or he's a liability in general play.

He hasn't got a clue.

For example, if it wasn't declared by Juventus, he'd have no clue that we'd only paid less than £10m for Kean this season as it's based on three instalments.

We could easily be putting £20m down for Doucoure and £40m for Zaha instead of £40m outright and £65m outright. He simply has no clue what we're doing - he has never learned to stop pretending he does.
Witsel is ours

Which, imo, isn't realistic to do. This whole thing is completely against what Moshiri said he wanted. Lowish wages but high transfer fees for younger players. And I know he said there would be exceptions but I just don't see Zaha being that exception. He is a good player but I just don't see how he is going to push us on to the next level.

Did Moshiri say that? I thought it was Brands who said that, but also said if there's a player at the right price (in our minds) he would go for it.

Zaha is, honestly, the best player we could currently realistically attract. He just is.

He's 26. He's coming into his prime, he's scored 26 league goals in three seasons and provided 21 assists - more than any of our current wingers or forwards combined.

It's worth the risk. It pays off, you still get your money back in this market. He'd get into every side in the league apart from the top six and, frankly, probably four of the top six, but definitely three.

We'll only pay what we want. If we're happy to pay £65m, it's fine by me. If we're happy to push his wages up, it's fine by me. Because there comes a time when you have to try and bridge the gap. Or we'll just end up in a cycle of selling our best players every three years.

I see where you're coming from though, definitely. But I think the club are really seeing this as a chance to push on because there's three clubs above us who are actually pretty catchable if things fall the right way. And so if there's any time to go big, it's now.

He hasn't got a clue.

For example, if it wasn't declared by Juventus, he'd have no clue that we'd only paid less than £10m for Kean this season as it's based on three instalments.

We could easily be putting £20m down for Doucoure and £40m for Zaha instead of £40m outright and £65m outright. He simply has no clue what we're doing - he has never learned to stop pretending he does.

Was thinking this. Does the £27.5mill all come out of this years budget as thats the total value of the deal?

Or is it just the first installment of £9.2mill?

Wondering if Moshiri is going for it this year thinking that next year we will only need 2-3 top quality additions

On / off ??? :)

What a tit. Sorry but as others have said, he hasn't a clue of the internal structuring of all of the transfer dealings. Which outgoings may be all but done and dusted and are pending wages off the books. The eToro deal etc.

Why does he have to pretend to be all knowing regarding our finances?

We have a billionaire accountant for an owner and one of the best DoF in the business it seems. I know who I trust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back