Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants game time then probably yes. How good he is going to look in a struggling side, though, I don't know. Staying at Leeds and having a decent year in the Championship might serve him better. (I hope he takes the risk and comes here, though)
Our midfield is pretty solid really it’s just the front three. With Willy - EBT - Danjuma
Will have a ton of pace. Put McNeil/Dele as a CAM I think will start scoring some goals.

We don't have the luxury of anything other than needing to improve the final third immediately with the season kicking off in 19 days.

I think the numbers suggest Gnonto for Gray neither improves nor downgrades us. On a personal note I think it is an improvement but that's more my opinion.

As it stands, Danjuma has came in. Whichever way you look at it, that has improved our attack.

Hopefully one of Toure of Ienacho comes off and we're looking a lot better.

We can't afford to let Iwobi go....that could cost us a hell of a lot more than watching him walk away next summer
I think we could. Just replace with someone with a similar cost and skill level as Mitoma.
5 million and an amazing player. This is where our DOF needs to step in. Sign 2/3 5 million pound players and chance it We could end up with a gem. Brighton did

Newcastle are now interested in signing gnonto this is what happens when you can’t close deals fast enough…
No it's not. If Newcastle are interested in him do you honestly believe that they only became interested in him in the last few days and that Everton or any other club had the opportunity to slip in quickly and sign him? That is not how it works. Toon will have had their list of targets and if Gnonto is on the list I am sure they have made Leeds aware and asked them to keep them informed of any potential sale. If Gnonto is for sale, Leeds and the player's agent will be doing their best to find as many clubs as possible that are interested and I am sure the agent has contacted Toon, Villa, Spurs and many other clubs that could be a potential destination for him

I think the numbers suggest Gnonto for Gray neither improves nor downgrades us. On a personal note I think it is an improvement but that's more my opinion.

As it stands, Danjuma has came in. Whichever way you look at it, that has improved our attack.

Hopefully one of Toure of Ienacho comes off and we're looking a lot better.
Gnonto is less greedy with the ball I find.

Our midfield is pretty solid really it’s just the front three. With Willy - EBT - Danjuma
Will have a ton of pace. Put McNeil/Dele as a CAM I think will start scoring some goals.
Id like someone better than Gueye in there!

Also Onana & Doucoure have some good points....athletic etc, but there is a bit of skill and ability missing especially from the 3 just mentioned!

Garner, technically is a good player, but again we haven't seen enough of him yet to really make a decision yet, he is getting massive hype over a couple of alright performances.

And don't get me started on our centre backs!

I think we could. Just replace with someone with a similar cost and skill level as Mitoma.
5 million and an amazing player. This is where our DOF needs to step in. Sign 2/3 5 million pound players and chance it We could end up with a gem. Brighton did
Nothing would please me more than Everton having a sophisticated scouting system capable of unearthing unknown gems from Ecuador Peru Japan and Korea. But we don't

No it's not. If Newcastle are interested in him do you honestly believe that they only became interested in him in the last few days and that Everton or any other club had the opportunity to slip in quickly and sign him? That is not how it works. Toon will have had their list of targets and if Gnonto is on the list I am sure they have made Leeds aware and asked them to keep them informed of any potential sale. If Gnonto is for sale, Leeds and the player's agent will be doing their best to find as many clubs as possible that are interested and I am sure the agent has contacted Toon, Villa, Spurs and many other clubs that could be a potential destination for him
Makes me laugh when people suggest we should sign premier league international players quickly before anybody else finds out.

Makes me laugh when people suggest we should sign premier league international players quickly before anybody else finds out.
I agree, last year Villa were linked with Julian Alvarez and lots of Villa fans said we were too slow and should have just paid the 17m release clause and he would have been a Villa player but City then swopped in and signed him. It is as if the Villa fans discussing it online alerted City to his availability. The deal to bring him to City was probably agreed verbally about 6 months before any Villa fan ever heard of him :)

Obviously we all want players who come in and score immediately, and want any of our forward signings to be prolific. I also get that people want to bring in proven goalscorers. But we cant on one hand fans cant say "We need to find those players at 5m before they cost 20m" and then "We need to get proven top league players", as the two are almost mutually exclusive. Richarlison had 5 top flight goals in his career at the time we paid 35m for him.

The reality as we have clearly seen is buying "proven" guys like Maupay does nothing for you if they dont produce. What we really need is good scouting, who can do what other clubs do and find players who HAVENT produced much yet(like Gnonto) so are pretty affordable, but have the talent, ability, and are ready to break out. Im not bothered in the least by signing some young unproven player who only has a few goals as I think ultimately thats how we compete for europe. Im bothered because the people making decisions, the board, have been the same who have shown they have no ability to do so and always make the wrong decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back