Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no doubt in my mind Koeman, Moshiri and Walsh would’ve given 200kpw to Lingard and spent £45m or so on Gibbs-White in the same window regardless of the fact they play the same position and one is crap
200k a week for Lingard for a year would probably be worth it if it meant you signed MGW. He is a really good player and one that will go up a lot in value. I can't see him having too long a career at Forest

Id like someone better than Gueye in there!

Also Onana & Doucoure have some good points....athletic etc, but there is a bit of skill and ability missing especially from the 3 just mentioned!

Garner, technically is a good player, but again we haven't seen enough of him yet to really make a decision yet, he is getting massive hype over a couple of alright performances.

And don't get me started on our centre backs!
Young can play in Ganas position

I thought Forest's used the strategy of if we buy enough players we are bound to get lucky with 3 or 4 of them :)

It’s basically “if we buy enough players then Everton can’t buy them and will therefore be weaker and go down giving us a better chance of staying up”. You can’t convince me that that isn’t their strategy. They even signed Andre Ayew after the deadline just to stop us signing him.

I am with your thinking. This year is going to be really tough in the PL. There are about 8 teams going into the season that are fighting relegation which is a lot more than usual. It will make for some really good games as there will be fewer meaningless games. I think picking the relegation 3 and the European qualifies and the actual winner of the PL is going to be really difficult this year
You must be happy with Emery and Villa.

Top 6 probably looking at the usual suspects again but then Villa are challenging and you must fancy a top 8 finish especially with Tottenham in a dilemma over selling Kane.

West Ham still have Paqueta and Bowen plus cash but they lost Rice.

Brentford lose Toney with the ban, Fulham could lose their best two players and Silva - hard to replace that with incoming funds.

Brighton - can the scouting team keep striking gold?

If Everton had a competent and regularly available centre forward then in my view we comfortably finish 11th last season.

On the premise that Everton can bring in said competent and regularly available centre forward this season plus Danjuma who I think is an underrated and astute signing, then 10th-14th is a realistic finishing position depending upon injuries etc.

Almiron, Willock, Murphy, Gordon, Barnes...... and Gnonto?

What formation are they planning to play?
It's bold, but it just might work.

Pope
Trippier Schar
Guimeras---Tonali
--------------------------Gordon
----------------------------------Gnonto
-------------------------------------------Barnes
Almiron--------------------------------------------Isak
Wilson​

It was a poor league last season also!

There are the top teams who are elite! Then a little pack below them and the rest are very much a muchness of muchness!
I think from 8th-9th (top 6 plus probably Newcastle & Villa) a lot of the players are of pretty similar ability! Its all about who uses these players properly, who go on a good run and who are fitter! I might be mad, but i could easily see the wheels coming off someone like Brighton this year.

It will be like this for a good while until a super league happens
Palace, wolves, Burnley, sheff utd, Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, forest and the mighty blues will likely be involved and probably less likely will be Brentford, west ham, Brighton. I reckon we'll stay up but again it won't be an enjoyable season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back