Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure mate, i think people are not realising the how bad the PL is this season, i think 32-33 points keeps you up this season.
Its as weak as i've ever seen it, don't get me wrong we are crap but not relegation fodder this season IMO even if we go with what we've got.
I think the opposite, i think again there will be a mini league of 7-8 teams all able to take points off each other , we have to push for 45-50 goals to Id say get is to 12-10, a hard ask with what has gone on in the last 2 seasons

People laughed when I said last summer we wouldn't outscore 3 other teams in the league. We didn't. We didn't outscore a single one.

I'm saying it again now - as it is, we won't outscore 3 teams in the Prem next season.
Second bottom. We scored three more than Wolves. They had more points because their for/against goal distribution was better. They won three more games than us.

We would be fortunate to outscore anyone at all this season, unless we bring in scorers. Our defense is at the low end of good enough to finish midtable. Our attack is not. We picked up the scoring pace a bit in the second half, but that is accounted for by the 5-1 away outlier. Just picking the pace up to West Ham's scoring tally last season should keep us from having to sweat the last couple of weeks out, assuming Dyche keeps the defense clicking along at 'mediocre' or so.

The only exception being Harry Redknapp 100% used to go in for whoever Moyes fancied because of his record of scouting good players but we’re going back a bit here :)

This is what Forest do now, why I have no idea because our record in the market absolutely stinks and it will only end in a painful relegation for them with a lot of mercenaries on massive wages refusing to leave.

I think the opposite, i think again there will be a mini league of 7-8 teams all able to take points off each other , we have to push for 45-50 goals to Id say get is to 12-10, a hard ask with what has gone on in the last 2 seasons
Even if we manage to top our mini league of struggling clubs then 13th place is the very best we can do. And that seems unlikely to me. 15th but with signs that we have something to build on for 24/5 would be a good season

I am with your thinking. This year is going to be really tough in the PL. There are about 8 teams going into the season that are fighting relegation which is a lot more than usual. It will make for some really good games as there will be fewer meaningless games. I think picking the relegation 3 and the European qualifies and the actual winner of the PL is going to be really difficult this year

Not so sure mate, i think people are not realising the how bad the PL is this season, i think 32-33 points keeps you up this season.
Its as weak as i've ever seen it, don't get me wrong we are crap but not relegation fodder this season IMO even if we go with what we've got.
It was a poor league last season also!

There are the top teams who are elite! Then a little pack below them and the rest are very much a muchness of muchness!
I think from 8th-9th (top 6 plus probably Newcastle & Villa) a lot of the players are of pretty similar ability! Its all about who uses these players properly, who go on a good run and who are fitter! I might be mad, but i could easily see the wheels coming off someone like Brighton this year.

It will be like this for a good while until a super league happens

This is what Forest do now, why I have no idea because our record in the market absolutely stinks and it will only end in a painful relegation for them with a lot of mercenaries on massive wages refusing to leave.
There’s no doubt in my mind Koeman, Moshiri and Walsh would’ve given 200kpw to Lingard and spent £45m or so on Gibbs-White in the same window regardless of the fact they play the same position and one is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back