Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not even include Keane because nobody would pay money for him.
On all counts you'd get more than the four prices listed for those four players. Football is mental and there's no way maupay's down 8m or so in a year even if he's [Poor language removed] and is one of the club's worse ever signings. Holgate would be a top championship target at 12 to 14. Gray is a bottom half pl player at 12 to 16. Keane would despite the horror he gets on here would command 15m starting fee. There's simply no other way.

According to the last accounts we are owed almost 80m over the next 4 years for players sold. It’s not just us that does instalments. So there’s instalments coming in to help balance those out.
Installments don't help balance the books, they just help with cash flow. Regardless of the installment plan, the accounts (from a profit and loss perspective and therefore P&S/FFP) need to be recorded based on the date of sale or purchase of the player and not when the money is spent or received.

i think he’s gona start keane
And get Mina on a free on January when we’re fighting relegation again. How can you drop him with 4 games to go, basically admitting he’s not good enough to then start the following season with him.

Dyche will have the fans on his back from the first game. I think it was the fan’s reaction that made him drop him, as he was starting to get dogs abuse especially after the Newcastle result and most of us thought that was that.

Installments don't help balance the books, they just help with cash flow. Regardless of the installment plan, the accounts (from a profit and loss perspective and therefore P&S/FFP) need to be recorded based on the date of sale or purchase of the player and not when the money is spent or received.
I know that but cash flow is the issue. People were wondering if we could afford all the instalments we’re putting on the books for future seasons and I’m just pointing out we are also owed quite a bit of money from outgoings.

Dont agree would have iwobi mcneil danjuma even toure if comes can play as rw. We would need him to make an impact here but would have time to get game time with other players here. His pace could be a great threat to have and with a season under his belt here could be starting the season after if it works out.

Still could add gk cb and maybe even another forward.
I get your point but it is not game time he needs to get up to speed, imo he needs another season, he is only 19 and I can't see him being a player this coming season that would be ready to make a significant impact for Everton, which is what is needed from the lad.

I don't know what transfers people think will completely transform that reality. There are 8 sides whose priority next season is avoiding relegation. Everton is one of them. Even if we bring in 2 or 3 of our preferred targets we will still be aiming to finish 14th at best in my view

Add goals to this team and we're safe by January.

It's small margins - spine of the team is good but we're so bad in the final third.

I know that but cash flow is the issue. People were wondering if we could afford all the instalments we’re putting on the books for future seasons and I’m just pointing out we are also owed quite a bit of money from outgoings.
I don't get how Everton have such poor cash flow. Turnover is between 150m and 200m. I know u have the stadium costs but aren't MSP coughing up cash for that and although u have some high earners, a lot of left and you have had a few sales in too. Moshiri may not have Usmanov levels of cash but surely he can be completely skint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back