Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he should be in the squad and could easily cope with minutes in the prem. however I can’t see for a minute dyche giving him minutes. He’s a sucker for experience. Could only see him getting minutes later in the season if we where safe by then.
He should be retained around a PL squad, getting on the bench, running on for a few minutes if we get in position of an unassailable lead on occasion.

It's dispiriting what they're doing with lads coming through. Literally no young player from our past barring Rooney would get a chance in Everton's team now.

you must have watched a different game, he couldn't beat a man, shoot or put any decent balls in.

Again, this was against a league one team, how does he do it against prem defenders?

The only player from the u21 who looked like they could be of use for us is dobbin, and Virginia looked a handy number 2
He'd have better players around him looking to play him in and him to play them in.

You either see what he's capable of or not, I suppose.

On what universe is he prem ready? He's not played a single minute in the prem has he? He's never played competitive football, and yesterday against a league one team he didn't stand out at all.

A loan at this stage is exactly what's needed

He stood out more then most of our actual "Premier league proven" squad.

Hes a right winger and we don't have any wingers in the squad.

Look at Gordon, we played him and allowed him to develop he became a important part of the squad then we sold him for £45m. It wasn't like he was a generational talent was it.

I just don't get why people are happy to sit there watching the same old crap, playing crap with no hope of improving with experience. Yet these same people are so against playing players from the academy who'll actually give 100% and can improve week in and week out.

He should be retained around a PL squad, getting on the bench, running on for a few minutes if we get in position of an unassailable lead on occasion.

It's dispiriting what they're doing with lads coming through. Literally no young player from our past barring Rooney would get a chance in Everton's team now.

In the worst everton side for over 2 decades.

Dyche genuinely isn't the manager for the position we find ourselves in. He'll never get us out of the bottom third of the league consistently.

Other than Lampard (who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag) we simply haven't chosen managers who are the types that are going to look towards developing a youth player or two. It will take a total refocus and ridding of BK and FM and this obsession with old school manager types many of whom have been replaced in the game by a more training ground based "head coach" type who is more focused on tactics and player development.

He stood out more then most of our actual "Premier league proven" squad.
But he didn't though

We had full control in the first half ( last few mins aside ) I'm not saying he's a bad player and yes he'd definitely find it easier with more first team players around him, but nothing from yesterday indicated to me he's ready to step up.

Dyche genuinely isn't the manager for the position we find ourselves in. He'll never get us out of the bottom third of the league consistently.
He is exactly the manager we need, we have to stay in the league until we get into the new stadium... That's all that matters atm, and once revenue streams come in from new stadium then we can think about progressing

I have faith in Dyche to get us safe. But we also need to be building for the future. It's what all clubs without cash need to do and it's madness to me that we're not seeing it happen.

People who say "well who out those we've let go would have made it?" are missing the point. Someone will be that good in time but this club have a plan of action to funnel them off and out of the club no matter what. Making a few hundred thousand or a million or two here and there is the name of the game now.

The young players - not to mention their coaches and the scouts who bring them in - must be deflated.

If our management dont recognise that then there's no way forward for this club. There'll be a collapse in morale if loan deals (usually with an eye to a small fee sale) prevail for every talent coming through. It needs to stop.
And that everybody, is how you end up paying wages to players like Garbutt and Pennington till theyre deep in their 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back