Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Lampard (who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag) we simply haven't chosen managers who are the types that are going to look towards developing a youth player or two. It will take a total refocus and ridding of BK and FM and this obsession with old school manager types many of whom have been replaced in the game by a more training ground based "head coach" type who is more focused on tactics and player development.

Yes, the model is the issue here. We've moved from daft money signings with no upside to them in terms of sell on value to one where we have cheap signings who have no sell on value to them.

Just for the finances of the club we need at some point to bring through our own youngsters.

not sure why anyone would want a perma-crock

Saw something last night about a report in Spain saying Sevilla would be interested in a loan too. But why would we let him go when he's our only number nine we would have to be insane, and is he even fit enough for a medical?

I think everyones genuinely at the point where they have 0 confidence in the club getting in what we need.

I think we are about 10 days from a "judge us at the end of the window" message.

We done that last year, for years we have been shouting about lack of creativity, for years we have shouted we need additional strikers.

The club hasn't a Scooby, we have to be the worst run club at transfers, Toure turned us down and we probably haven't even sounded out anyone else on the shortlist, we will hold off and off and off as long as possible.

Sick of the club and transfers, drains the life out of any enjoyment we should get from new signings.

Also on Roma and Dom, wouldn't surprise me at all - good player with injuries probably available on a knock down cost, Italian teams love that

not sure why anyone would want a perma-crock

I said last season that a big club could buy him. They have different objectives that they require from players. He's capable of half a season of football and he can make a big difference when he's on the pitch. He's a handful and can create space for others to exploit even if he's not scoring.

Top clubs going for silverware or a CL spot would see half a season from him as a good investment.

In the worst everton side for over 2 decades.

Dyche genuinely isn't the manager for the position we find ourselves in. He'll never get us out of the bottom third of the league consistently.
I agree but hope Dyche is just there for one season. With the current set up we are fighting relegation no matter who the manager is. The best case scenario is Dyche does what he does and we just about survive. Hopefully board changes then will bring in somebody more progressive. (Lots of ifs there, I know.)

I'm genuinely not that worried about this season. Dyche is a better manager than Lampard and a very good man manager. The players seem happy to go the extra yard for him. Defensively we're ok, not solid but ok. Midfield again is ok - midtable standard.

The issue is as always where are the goals coming from. I was worried when he came in that we wouldn't be able to find enough goals. Thankfully Doucoure and McNeil managed to paper over those cracks, but thats not enough going into a new season, clearly.

Danjuma and Young singings make so much sense. Both can play in a number of positions and I think both will be trusted by the management. Low risk.

I think we have to go into the season assuming we wont be able to rely on DCL and with Cannon going out on loan, the academy is not going to provide the goals. Presumably the club have an alternative if we dont get Toure (to be fair they've clealry tracked and identified him a while ago).

Failure to get a goalscorer for the 3rd straight season is just not comprehensible so I'm hopeful.

I said last season that a big club could buy him. They have different objectives that they require from players. He's capable of half a season of football and he can make a big difference when he's on the pitch. He's a handful and can create space for others to exploit even if he's not scoring.

Top clubs going for silverware or a CL spot would see half a season from him as a good investment.

Italian sides love an injury plagued player at a knockdown fee.

They do pretty well at getting them involved too - slower pace and intensity probably help Doms body at the moment too.

I could see that happening, depends on what we would want for him.

I have faith in Dyche to get us safe. But we also need to be building for the future. It's what all clubs without cash need to do and it's madness to me that we're not seeing it happen.

People who say "well who out those we've let go would have made it?" are missing the point. Someone will be that good in time but this club have a plan of action to funnel them off and out of the club no matter what. Making a few hundred thousand or a million or two here and there is the name of the game now.

The young players - not to mention their coaches and the scouts who bring them in - must be deflated.

Would Antonee Robinson get a game for us now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back