Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw something last night about a report in Spain saying Sevilla would be interested in a loan too. But why would we let him go when he's our only number nine we would have to be insane, and is he even fit enough for a medical?
Yeah, if we are open to loaning him out it suggests we’ve basically given up on him playing regular football because if he could he’d be a 50m striker.

But knowing that I’m not sure why anyone would even pay a loan fee for a player whose parent club are basically writing him off.

Or of course it’s absolute nonsense.

I said last season that a big club could buy him. They have different objectives that they require from players. He's capable of half a season of football and he can make a big difference when he's on the pitch. He's a handful and can create space for others to exploit even if he's not scoring.

Top clubs going for silverware or a CL spot would see half a season from him as a good investment.
We sell him we are even weaker and light up front, insane for me no chance we find anyone as good when he's fit. Also if he has a good season his value will go up again. Selling him or loaning him would be madness when we are struggling to bring in one forward who can play his role. I'm surprised anyone would want him after the injury-ravaged two seasons he has had tbh.

I'm genuinely not that worried about this season. Dyche is a better manager than Lampard and a very good man manager. The players seem happy to go the extra yard for him. Defensively we're ok, not solid but ok. Midfield again is ok - midtable standard.

The issue is as always where are the goals coming from. I was worried when he came in that we wouldn't be able to find enough goals. Thankfully Doucoure and McNeil managed to paper over those cracks, but thats not enough going into a new season, clearly.

Danjuma and Young singings make so much sense. Both can play in a number of positions and I think both will be trusted by the management. Low risk.

I think we have to go into the season assuming we wont be able to rely on DCL and with Cannon going out on loan, the academy is not going to provide the goals. Presumably the club have an alternative if we dont get Toure (to be fair they've clealry tracked and identified him a while ago).

Failure to get a goalscorer for the 3rd straight season is just not comprehensible so I'm hopeful.

This is exactly where im at mate, im also expecting another three signings.

I said last season that a big club could buy him. They have different objectives that they require from players. He's capable of half a season of football and he can make a big difference when he's on the pitch. He's a handful and can create space for others to exploit even if he's not scoring.

Top clubs going for silverware or a CL spot would see half a season from him as a good investment.
If he's capable of half a season of football then we should keep him.

He is exactly the manager we need, we have to stay in the league until we get into the new stadium... That's all that matters atm, and once revenue streams come in from new stadium then we can think about progressing

There is zero proof this is going to happen. Keep seeing people including the club making out like the new stadium is going to fix everything, its not.

Sure their will be more chances at increased revenue streams but do you have faith in this lot to actually maximise that? I dont. These fools took years to get us a shirt sleeve sponsor.

Not only that but we will have to start paying for the damn thing. Look at how it effected arsenal for years after they moved into the Emirates.

There is zero proof this is going to happen. Keep seeing people including the club making out like the new stadium is going to fix everything, its not.

Sure their will be more chances at increased revenue streams but do you have faith in this lot to actually maximise that? I dont. These fools took years to get us a shirt sleeve sponsor.

Not only that but we will have to start paying for the damn thing. Look at how it effected arsenal for years after they moved into the Emirates.
Well we may also get sold

Who I would keep

Pickford
Virginia
Tyrer (out on loan)
Coleman
Patterson
Young
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Garner
Onana
Gueye
Doucoure
Mcneil
DCL
Iwobi (at a push)

And due to lack of depth, the 3 below I'd keep

Mills
Cannon
Warrington

I'd be happy for the following to be sold

Lonergan (though understand he's 3rd choice)
Keane
Holgate
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Gray
Maupay

9 of the outfield players I've mentioned are defenders and 4 of them you could sell and they wouldn't be missed. It's top heavy with defenders who are absolutely dreadful at their job.
Agree with this, but we'd need in another 6 players though and that's never going to happen.

Our squad is paddling pool deep.

From our youth squad, I can't see a single player who would get into our first team squad.

Dobbin, Mills, Warrington and Onyango are the closest to the first team potentially but against Bolton, they showed who they need to play at a lower level to gain that experience to play at a higher level.

Dobbin - on loan at Derby last season, didn't rip up trees so hopefully a Championship loan would benefit him.

Mills - has huge potential but again, he looks a big fish in a small pond at Under 23 level, a good loan move is needed where he starts not just warms the bench.

Warrington - I don't see it personally. I think he is a tidy player but we need more and when you compare him to Garner, he is lightyears away but he is only 20 so perhaps he will grow into the role. Maybe a Championship move would help.

Onyango - a poor loan at Forest Green not helped by injury and previously Burton, he has the attributes of a solid midfield but he has stalled at the moment. He could potentially play a part under Dyche with Davies gone and us being a bit light in that area.

I am hoping that any loan move will help these players especially with James Vaughan as loan manager which has been needed for years plus watching Simms and Cannon last season, it looks more promising.

Italian sides love an injury plagued player at a knockdown fee.

They do pretty well at getting them involved too - slower pace and intensity probably help Doms body at the moment too.

I could see that happening, depends on what we would want for him.
Good luck to him. He doesn't suit what we need now that's for sure.

When Dom's fit is the key line there. He hasn't been consistently fit for nearly 3 seasons. He may as well be prime Messi but if he's on the treatment table more often than not what's the point. It's getting to the point now where we have to almost prepare for games like Dom won't be available and then if he makes it, it's a Brucey bonus.

It's a really difficult one because if I had any faith in the club actually being competent enough to replace him I would sell. With the exception of Pickford I have no sentimentality towards any of these players (they've nearly relegated us twice now, they clearly aren't good enough) but we know how this plays out, we saw it with Lukaku and umpteen players since. We can't keep releasing/selling players and not replace them.

And if last night proved anything to me, it's that whilst we have some talented kids they aren't ready to take on the Premierleague. They were chasing shadows at times yesterday and sticking a Dobbin or a Warrington into that squad now will wreck any potential they have. They need good loans and a clear pathway to progress.

We sell him we are even weaker and light up front, insane for me no chance we find anyone as good when he's fit. Also if he has a good season his value will go up again. Selling him or loaning him would be madness when we are struggling to bring in one forward who can play his role. I'm surprised anyone would want him after the injury-ravaged two seasons he has had tbh.
His 18 games fit will be wasted on us by and large.

We need a consistent scorer of scabby goals to win 40 points. Calvert-Lewin will work better with better quality movement around him.

No, I mean paper thin as in paper thin in obvious quality.

Current available strikers for Everton? Maupay
Currently available creative players for Everton? Iwobi (and I use him half heartedly) and Mcneil

Take away the number of centre halves and now full backs who pad out the squad numbers - if you think having 1 available striker and 2 semi creative players means it isn't a paper thin squad then I can't help you.

A squad that isn't paper thin doesn't need to put 2 keepers, 2 centre halves, a left back and a right back on the bench Zat which is pretty much what we done from Feb onwards and without more recruitment's that's exactly what we'll be doing again.

….pretty much why I think Cannon’s future at Everton is very much in doubt if he‘s sent on loan with the attacking options in such a predicament. This pre-season was his opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back