Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need more than one forward though. I think it would be a very bad move myself unless we have two strikers ready to go even then this late in the window it's a big gamble. Especially when we haven't bought a good forward for years.
We'd need to replace him, for sure.

Danjuma + A.N. Other Forward would be a better situation than DCL for half a season + Maupay.

We'd need to replace him, for sure.

Danjuma + A.N. Other Forward would be a better situation than DCL for half a season + Maupay.
Danjuma isn't a number nine. I don't even count Maupay either. We would need two should we sell I still think it's madness but that's this club. Certifiable.

If he gets the cash to spend, you mean like the Richie and Gordon money..let's wait and see eh.
Yes, of course there's that concern. But there'd be little chance of Everton starting the season with just Danjuma + Maupay. Dyche knows that will give us little room manoeuvre to get the 40 odd goals we need to get safe.

I have faith in Dyche to get us safe. But we also need to be building for the future. It's what all clubs without cash need to do and it's madness to me that we're not seeing it happen.

People who say "well who out those we've let go would have made it?" are missing the point. Someone will be that good in time but this club have a plan of action to funnel them off and out of the club no matter what. Making a few hundred thousand or a million or two here and there is the name of the game now.

The young players - not to mention their coaches and the scouts who bring them in - must be deflated.

….believe me, if ‘someone is that good in time’ they will breakthrough. i first mentioned Mills quite a few years ago. I like his pedigree (his brother is one of GBs top milers and we all know about his Dad), his attitude and application are beyond question. I actually suggested converting him to RB, as you need to have top quality to reach the top as an attacker.

Saying that, I have no problem if recent managers have chosen not to use him and now decide to send him on loan. Decisions have to be made, we can’t give every youngster new deals and hope they come through. Mills and others will have been training with the first team for over 12 months, the manager and coaches will know what they have.

As I said above: he's wasted on us. We dont have great movement around him for what he can do as a forward to play off and he isn't scoring himself.

No brainer for me IF Dyche gets the cash to spend.
We dont win that game against Brighton if Dom wasnt playing. He's actually a perfect fit for how Dyche wants to play. McNeil, Doucoure etc running in behind or off him Danjuma too.

Just such a shame we haven't been able to rely on his fitness.

To buy for one 10-15m is it worth that to gamble our safety on? I really don't think so. We already need a number nine we would need two that can perform should we sell him.
We have a number 9 who wont get more than half the games in this season.

If we took a chance on another forward who can be pretty much relied on to start most games then that's going to be an improvement. IMO.

just to say before i get pelters, I am aware and i do believe had DCL stayed fit all season we would have finished comfortably mid-table last season. But again, taking sentimentality out of it he's injury prone and we can't afford passengers. It also does him no good having the massive weight of expectation on his shoulders every season because the club are incapable of getting him support/backup
I just don’t see how any sale happens, not for an amount of money that makes it worth us doing.

From a buying club perspective even if Everton would accept as little as 10m you might think “wow, only 10m for DCL” but your second thought will be…..what does that say about his long term injury prognosis?

No matter how cheap we go he’ll never be worth that amount of money because of the reason we’ve made him that cheap.

We have a number 9 who wont get more than half the games in this season.

If we took a chance on another forward who can be pretty much relied on to start most games then that's going to be an improvement. IMO.
I take the point on his availability but we need two number nines in the squad.

There is zero proof this is going to happen. Keep seeing people including the club making out like the new stadium is going to fix everything, its not.

Sure their will be more chances at increased revenue streams but do you have faith in this lot to actually maximise that? I dont. These fools took years to get us a shirt sleeve sponsor.

Not only that but we will have to start paying for the damn thing. Look at how it effected arsenal for years after they moved into the Emirates.
There is zero proof the new stadium will increase revenue and value long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back