Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see how any sale happens, not for an amount of money that makes it worth us doing.

From a buying club perspective even if Everton would accept as little as 10m you might think “wow, only 10m for DCL” but your second thought will be…..what does that say about his long term injury prognosis?

No matter how cheap we go he’ll never be worth that amount of money because of the reason we’ve made him that cheap.
you're bang on and I can't imagine he's on massive wages where we'd just want rid to free some money.
The only way this happens - other than Roma (or anyone offering a decent fee) is if DCL pushed for it but I can't imagine he'd do that, especially after the patience and support Dyche showed him last season.

Saw something last night about a report in Spain saying Sevilla would be interested in a loan too. But why would we let him go when he's our only number nine we would have to be insane, and is he even fit enough for a medical?
We are talking about everton here. Nothing surprises me anymore. Yes he is constantly injured, but he is the only attacking option we have...sell him and we are down...he may be fit for only 10 games this season, but that could be enough for 15 to 18 points on the board.

Newcastle are linked to him now.
His agent will be pushing him everywhere to get back into the prem, I expect most of the links to be blag - especially considering their depth at the winger spot. Ours seems somewhat creditable but it’s been so slow I’m doubtful now

As I said above: he's wasted on us. We dont have great movement around him for what he can do as a forward to play off and he isn't scoring himself.

No brainer for me IF Dyche gets the cash to spend.

IMG_6058.webp

We are talking about everton here. Nothing surprises me anymore. Yes he is constantly injured, but he is the only attacking option we have...sell him and we are down...he may be fit for only 10 games this season, but that could be enough for 15 to 18 points on the board.
Agree we would have to be insane is it really worth the 10-15m if that we would get? To gamble our safety because currently we have nobody who can be the number one apart from Dom. Even the games he is available he makes a big difference, then again that's this club they seem to think a football team is fine with no goal scorers.

Who I would keep

Pickford
Virginia
Tyrer (out on loan)
Coleman
Patterson
Young
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Garner
Onana
Gueye
Doucoure
Mcneil
DCL
Iwobi (at a push)

And due to lack of depth, the 3 below I'd keep

Mills
Cannon
Warrington

I'd be happy for the following to be sold

Lonergan (though understand he's 3rd choice)
Keane
Holgate
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Gray
Maupay

9 of the outfield players I've mentioned are defenders and 4 of them you could sell and they wouldn't be missed. It's top heavy with defenders who are absolutely dreadful at their job.
Unfortunately our financial position means we have to keep the players we have at least for a few years more until our situation improves.

No deal and if we are seriously considering selling him it has to be cash

I don't believe the story but who is going to pay money for him? He is injured at the moment for example. The Italian league might not be a bad shout for him tbh as the pace is a bit slower and strikers of his type tend to do ok in that league so he would get goals. Doubt anything happens anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back