Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me.

Last night I saw a player who recognised his FB Higgins was in need of a lot of cover and he played for the team not himself. He's eager to get forward and doesn't lose the ball often. Retaining possession is half the job in the PL.

If our management dont recognise that then there's no way forward for this club. There'll be a collapse in morale if loan deals (usually with an eye to a small fee sale) prevail for every talent coming through. It needs to stop.
We definitely need to start clearing a better pathway alright, it's been depressingly bad of late
That in itself is a draw for young talent
The long term benefits of giving one or two young lads a run of games to prove themselves each season would be high.

Last night I saw a player who recognised his FB Higgins was in need of a lot of cover and he played for the team not himself. He's eager to get forward and doesn't lose the ball often. Retaining possession is half the job in the PL.

If our management dont recognise that then there's no way forward for this club. There'll be a collapse in morale if loan deals (usually with an eye to a small fee sale) prevail for every talent coming through. It needs to stop.
Agree would be great to use these lads just think best for mills right now be a loan get him playing eaxh week. Then see what he is like over a full season, has only played u21 is a massive move to prem football from that, not alot of players do that. Hopefully it goes great then would hope we have a view of getting him around the first team maybe as the backup for patterson and cover the rw.
He stood out more then most of our actual "Premier league proven" squad.

Hes a right winger and we don't have any wingers in the squad.

Look at Gordon, we played him and allowed him to develop he became a important part of the squad then we sold him for £45m. It wasn't like he was a generational talent was it.

I just don't get why people are happy to sit there watching the same old crap, playing crap with no hope of improving with experience. Yet these same people are so against playing players from the academy who'll actually give 100% and can improve week in and week out.
Not happy with the squad buit just dont want see him wasted on the bench. I expect us to bring in another winger a full season in that league starting each week will be great for the lad. Could come bacj here thr next season ready to come into the squad if it goes well

Our squad is paddling pool deep.

From our youth squad, I can't see a single player who would get into our first team squad.

Dobbin, Mills, Warrington and Onyango are the closest to the first team potentially but against Bolton, they showed who they need to play at a lower level to gain that experience to play at a higher level.

Dobbin - on loan at Derby last season, didn't rip up trees so hopefully a Championship loan would benefit him.

Mills - has huge potential but again, he looks a big fish in a small pond at Under 23 level, a good loan move is needed where he starts not just warms the bench.

Warrington - I don't see it personally. I think he is a tidy player but we need more and when you compare him to Garner, he is lightyears away but he is only 20 so perhaps he will grow into the role. Maybe a Championship move would help.

Onyango - a poor loan at Forest Green not helped by injury and previously Burton, he has the attributes of a solid midfield but he has stalled at the moment. He could potentially play a part under Dyche with Davies gone and us being a bit light in that area.

I am hoping that any loan move will help these players especially with James Vaughan as loan manager which has been needed for years plus watching Simms and Cannon last season, it looks more promising.
Think dobbin could be here to cover the acon could be a option for the team out wide with another winger coming in. Has abit about him and prob the most ready imo
Is this Gnoto lad we're signing a striker or winger?
More of a winger wouldnt like to see him uptop as a striker could play in a two tho

….believe me, if ‘someone is that good in time’ they will breakthrough. i first mentioned Mills quite a few years ago. I like his pedigree (his brother is one of GBs top milers and we all know about his Dad), his attitude and application are beyond question. I actually suggested converting him to RB, as you need to have top quality to reach the top as an attacker.

Saying that, I have no problem if recent managers have chosen not to use him and now decide to send him on loan. Decisions have to be made, we can’t give every youngster new deals and hope they come through. Mills and others will have been training with the first team for over 12 months, the manager and coaches will know what they have.
End of the day if Mills really is ready for PL football he’ll go to league one and stand out a mile. If that happens we can recall on the 1st of Jan. Either way we’ll learn more that way than a few minutes off the bench here or there for the next few months.

People really need to stop reading twitter

The facts are we’ve brought in two first team players at very little cost to the club and at the moment haven’t lost any of our existing key players.

There’s still work to do on incomings of course but it’s not been a negative window so far. Even if we don’t bring in anyone else before the season starts we’re still in a better position than how we finished last season. It’s probably only the loss of Mina that has weakened any position from how we finished last season but with Branthwaite returning the club might want to back him rather than bring in another CB.

Let’s have it right, DCL is still one of our prized assets. Yes, he has been very injury plagued over the last two years but surly there will now come a time where he stays fit and gets back to doing what he does best. He’s so much more than a goalscorer. He’s a winner of flick on’s, he’s a quickly penalty taker, his movement off the ball is fantastic, also last season he seemed to of develop a lot of skill and quality touches.

He’s not going to Roma on loan, especially for nothing, that’s not going to happen. I think Dom himself is smart enough to know he has to get back to full fitness and concentrate on Everton now before even dreaming of a bigger move. You have to remember he was in the England squad under Carlo and was being linked with a 70m move to Arsenal. He will come good again. I have faith.

People really need to stop reading twitter

The facts are we’ve brought in two first team players at very little cost to the club and at the moment haven’t lost any of our existing key players.

There’s still work to do on incomings of course but it’s not been a negative window so far. Even if we don’t bring in anyone else before the season starts we’re still in a better position than how we finished last season. It’s probably only the loss of Mina that has weakened any position from how we finished last season but with Branthwaite returning the club might want to back him rather than bring in another CB.

The only one you could make a case for is Yerry, who was fit for half a season at the end apparently, and once Dyche’s hand was forced (because Keane was dreadful) to play him he was our best defender. But you make good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back