Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really need to stop reading twitter

The facts are we’ve brought in two first team players at very little cost to the club and at the moment haven’t lost any of our existing key players.

There’s still work to do on incomings of course but it’s not been a negative window so far. Even if we don’t bring in anyone else before the season starts we’re still in a better position than how we finished last season. It’s probably only the loss of Mina that has weakened any position from how we finished last season but with Branthwaite returning the club might want to back him rather than bring in another CB.
If we fail to bring a striker in before the game against Fulham it’s been a failure of a window, sorry.

The facts are we’ve brought in two first team players at very little cost to the club and at the moment haven’t lost any of our existing key players.

There’s still work to do on incomings of course but it’s not been a negative window so far. Even if we don’t bring in anyone else before the season starts we’re still in a better position than how we finished last season. It’s probably only the loss of Mina that has weakened any position from how we finished last season but with Branthwaite returning the club might want to back him rather than bring in another CB.
Disagree quite strongly with this tbh.

Everyone connected with the club knows how desperate we are for strikers. And we are about to go into a new season with only Neil Maupay available at centre forward. We haven't bought a player for a fee in 11 months.

We have 2 weeks to get Dyche a side that is ready to play premier league football, because right now, the manager has no chance with the options he has available. If the squad hasn't been improved by game 1 then it will have been a hugely negative transfer window.

I'm actually exasperated at the lack of strikers. I accept no excuses from the club, they don't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

It's proper mens football in the PL too.

We're seeing a generation of young players who are thrown out in favour of older players here at Everton. There WILL be consequences. There already are.
Yeah I get you but I'd rather mills/Dobbin or whoever get 3000 minutes playing in the champ then 200 mins off the bench for us

Let’s have it right, DCL is still one of our prized assets. Yes, he has been very injury plagued over the last two years but surly there will now come a time where he stays fit and gets back to doing what he does best. He’s so much more than a goalscorer. He’s a winner of flick on’s, he’s a quickly penalty taker, his movement off the ball is fantastic, also last season he seemed to of develop a lot of skill and quality touches.

He’s not going to Roma on loan, especially for nothing, that’s not going to happen. I think Dom himself is smart enough to know he has to get back to full fitness and concentrate on Everton now before even dreaming of a bigger move. You have to remember he was in the England squad under Carlo and was being linked with a 70m move to Arsenal. He will come good again. I have faith.
He aint going to a bigger club than the one hes at now, his injury record is diabolical and his ability is nothing special.

I keep trying to point this out. Young, Branthwaite and Danjuma into the squad for Mina, Coady and some who barely featured is already a decent improvement on last season’s squad, in terms of options and attacking quality. Even if we don’t get EBT it shows the next step is to get a 9, and the ability to bid what it takes to get one.

We’re not in an ideal position but we’ve moved forward not back so far, and not every team in the league has.

This Roma deal is just the sort of thing we’d do. Got no attackers and we loan the only one we do have to another club for nothing! 😂😂😂😂

Everyone connected with the club knows how desperate we are for strikers. And we are about to go into a new season with only Neil Maupay available at centre forward.

We have 2 weeks to get Dyche a side that is ready to play premier league football, because right now, the manager has no chance with the options he has available.

I'm actually exasperated at the lack of strikers. I accept no excuses from the club, they don't deserve any benefit of the doubt.
‘We tried’ and ‘Danjuma can do a job at CF’ just will not cut it. We were in the EXACT same position last year and we basically gave up 9 points due to the squad not being fit for purpose - and we felt the ramifications of those ‘write off fixtures’ until the very. last. day. of the season where we were saved purely by a wonder goal by - that’s right, a midfielder. Not a striker, because we didn’t have one.

If we fail to bring a striker in before the game against Fulham it’s been a failure of a window, sorry.
We have already brought in a striker.
Danjuma. Granted not the chest beating number 9 type people are clamouring for.
But he can play there. I fully believe he will lead the line when dcl is unavailable, then play out wide when dcl plays.

We have already brought in a striker.
Danjuma. Granted not the chest beating number 9 type people are clamouring for.
But he can play there. I fully believe he will lead the line when dcl is unavailable, then play out wide when dcl plays.
He’s a winger and you’ve proved my point from above

The problem is though mate we finished last season with our lowest points total.

Sure, we've signed Danjuma but none of us know if he can do a job and if he gets a knock then are we scoring goals?

Think back to Bournemouth and how we didnt create anything in a game we had to win to stay up.

If we don't bring a couple in for the final third, we deserve to go down. Circling the drain is one thing but the clowns at this club are taking the piss.

I've not got the appetite for another relegation scrap, just signing a couple of half decent players in the final third will sort us.

Everyone connected with the club knows how desperate we are for strikers. And we are about to go into a new season with only Neil Maupay available at centre forward. We haven't bought a player for a fee in 11 months.

We have 2 weeks to get Dyche a side that is ready to play premier league football, because right now, the manager has no chance with the options he has available. If the squad hasn't been improved by game 1 then it will have been a hugely negative transfer window.

We’ve brought in Young and Danjuma. However losing Mina as a first teamer and even Coady and Simms as backups means that we are at the very least in the same position as we were last season, we are certainly not stronger. It’s looking currently like Michael Keane will be a starting centre back for us rather than 5th choice like he should be, and Maupay is currently the only fit central striker at the club at any level. This situation needs to change this week, not in the last week of the window. I want Thelwell sacked if we go into the Fulham game without any further signings.

His 18 games fit will be wasted on us by and large.

We need a consistent scorer of scabby goals to win 40 points. Calvert-Lewin will work better with better quality movement around him.
The way we played when Dom came back in the team end of last season is probs what kept us up in the end. Although the goals weren't there, the high press from him pushes the entire team another 20 yards up the pitch and puts us in a great offensive position, gained from a turnover of possession.

That's not to say we can't replace him, but we need that type of player to get the best out of this team - McNeil especially.

You can see the entire team dropping back when Maupay does similar, because they don't have the faith that he'll enable a turnover and that creates a big gap between him and the midfield. So Maupay's isolated and the midfield is inviting pressure.

Last edited:
He’s a winger and you’ve proved my point from above
Or as his stats show, he can play a cross the front 3 with no problems at all.
He will be our starting no9 for Fulham.
Yep he is a stop gag and we are kicking the issue down the road for another 12 months. But this lad will be leading the line in dcl"s absence.
If another striker comes in, it's because dcl won't be available much for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back