Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ll bite, he plays at striker when DCL is injured. What then? Who’s the substitute? We have ONE sub across both wings AND striker when Danjuma plays up top and that’s Maupay. Because our main winger has now been moved to the middle. We have McNeil and Gray as the only options on the wing now and they have to give us 90 minutes or it’s Maupay time. All because they ‘tried’ to get a striker and didn’t. Danjuma is not a striker, he can ‘do a job’ but he should not have to because the first thing the club should have done is get a [Poor language removed] striker that everyone knows we needed. Their propaganda team seems to be working very well however.
And it's setting up Danjuma to fail. No player needs to get off to a good start more than him. A couple of slightly dodgy games on his less preferred position and some fans will be out for blood

He played CF for the whole of Villareal's run to the CL semi-finals, scoring 6 in the process. It might not be his best or preferred position, but it's a very legitimate option.

View attachment 219505
See point re: depth
Genuinely staggered that people are accepting a ‘can play across the frontline’ guy as our coveted striker from not only this window but last window.
Got not doubt he CAN do the job but the fact that he’ll HAVE to is vile

I don't follow ‘injuries’. He hardly played last season, he’s had 6 weeks off and yet he's still injured? What on earth is the problem?

….was it Woan saying they want him “fit fit” which I assume means without any problems. I’m not sure anybody with a history of very serious thigh muscle injuries will ever reach that status but it seems they don’t want him breaking down after a few games.

Looking at the side we put out against Bolton and the lack of any urgency around new signings, it seems we are writing off the first few games of the season yet again - complete negligence from the owner and chairman.

The lack of a plan in the centre forward area, after the season we’ve just had, aside from hoping and praying DCL gets and stays fit or trying to buy players like bilal toure on the never-never is farcical.

David please stop trying to convert every player to RB because of your personal feelings towards the religious leanings of the club our current best RB prospect came from - it’s tiresome and obvious to all.
He has played at rwb to be fair, i am sure the lad has played most positions. Will see in this loan deal what postion the club wants to use him in, but alot of teams now have wingers who can play fb. I think would be great if the lad could cover both

The problem is though mate we finished last season with our lowest points total.

Sure, we've signed Danjuma but none of us know if he can do a job and if he gets a knock then are we scoring goals?

Think back to Bournemouth and how we didnt create anything in a game we had to win to stay up.

If we don't bring a couple in for the final third, we deserve to go down. Circling the drain is one thing but the clowns at this club are taking the piss.

I've not got the appetite for another relegation scrap, just signing a couple of half decent players in the final third will sort us.

Agreed and I think we’re trying to get them as seen by the links to Gnonto and Bilal Toure.

I just don’t understand why when we are heavily linked with players it’s the usual responses of ‘Danjuma will pick Milan’ ‘we won’t be getting Gnonto’ etc. all the same stuff we heard about Onana last summer

Yet one completely unsubstantiated tweet about DCL going on loan for free or god forbid a link to Che Adams and those things are definitely happening and it’s pile on Everton time again.

Let’s wait and see what the squad looks like at the end of the window. It still needs several new additions but we haven’t made a bad start. If we could sign Gnonto plus another striker I think we’d be in a decent position to keep away from relegation.

And it's setting up Danjuma to fail. No player needs to get off to a good start more than him. A couple of slightly dodgy games on his less preferred position and some fans will be out for blood
Is why we have to bring in more, i have got over what he has did last season. He is on loan for the full season so will give him that time then look at what he has done.

He has played at rwb to be fair, i am sure the lad has played most positions. Will see in this loan deal what postion the club wants to use him in, but alot of teams now have wingers who can play fb. I think would be great if the lad could cover both

So lets put him to RWB where (assuming we ever play 5 at the back) he is ... 5th choice behind Patterson, Coleman, Young, Garner (because someone has been championing that lad starting as our RB).

Or our 3rd choice RM - behind Gray & Young. Which is his predominant position for the U21s

Just saying, championing the cause to push him into a more congested position looks a smidge like other propositions in multiple threads.

Agreed and I think we’re trying to get them as seen by the links to Gnonto and Bilal Toure.

I just don’t understand why when we are heavily linked with players it’s the usual responses of ‘Danjuma will pick Milan’ ‘we won’t be getting Gnonto’ etc. all the same stuff we heard about Onana last summer

Yet one completely unsubstantiated tweet about DCL going on loan for free or god forbid a link to Che Adams and those things are definitely happening and it’s pile on Everton time again.

Let’s wait and see what the squad looks like at the end of the window. It still needs several new additions but we haven’t made a bad start. If we could sign Gnonto plus another striker I think we’d be in a decent position to keep away from relegation.
Oh not this "wait till the end of the window " nonsense yet again.

The season starts in just over 2 weeks. We have a relatively easy start - we are going to need those points come the end of the season. Wake up man.

He played CF for the whole of Villareal's run to the CL semi-finals, scoring 6 in the process. It might not be his best or preferred position, but it's a very legitimate option.

View attachment 219505

I said this last week. Dont think many posters realise this...

Bring in those two and a CM and were top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back