Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he is close to being ready Dave, but a season playing every week will benefit him, and us, hugely.
We were playing League 1 opposition and the bar will be higher in the premiership, but a decent prospect nonethe less.

That's just it, if he gets loaned he wont be back.

People really need to stop reading twitter

The facts are we’ve brought in two first team players at very little cost to the club and at the moment haven’t lost any of our existing key players.

There’s still work to do on incomings of course but it’s not been a negative window so far. Even if we don’t bring in anyone else before the season starts we’re still in a better position than how we finished last season. It’s probably only the loss of Mina that has weakened any position from how we finished last season but with Branthwaite returning the club might want to back him rather than bring in another CB.

I mean we have lost our 2nd and 3rd best CB’s this summer.

A loan for Calvert Lewin would make zero sense.

When he's playing he's effective. Would we send him to Roma expecting him to sit on the treatment table all season when we're already light up top?

Sell or keep! Hopefully just wishful thinking from Italian media

…I was just highlighting what I thought a few years ago as his best chance of coming through. I have to say that the signs aren’t good for any young attackers sent on loan with the frailty in those areas with this squad. If Mills, Dobbin and Cannon are to breakthrough I feel this is the time.

If they‘re highly rated Dyche would want access to them. This time next season they could well be behind Okoronkwo and even Sherif.
Mills can easily adapt and play RWB.

If fans and management cant see that the lad has what it takes to hold his own at PL then that's their take.

Or as his stats show, he can play a cross the front 3 with no problems at all.
He will be our starting no9 for Fulham.
Yep he is a stop gag and we are kicking the issue down the road for another 12 months. But this lad will be leading the line in dcl"s absence.
If another striker comes in, it's because dcl won't be available much for the season.
Ok I’ll bite, he plays at striker when DCL is injured. What then? Who’s the substitute? We have ONE sub across both wings AND striker when Danjuma plays up top and that’s Maupay. Because our main winger has now been moved to the middle. We have McNeil and Gray as the only options on the wing now and they have to give us 90 minutes or it’s Maupay time. All because they ‘tried’ to get a striker and didn’t. Danjuma is not a striker, he can ‘do a job’ but he should not have to because the first thing the club should have done is get a [Poor language removed] striker that everyone knows we needed. Their propaganda team seems to be working very well however.

We definitely need to start clearing a better pathway alright, it's been depressingly bad of late
That in itself is a draw for young talent
The long term benefits of giving one or two young lads a run of games to prove themselves each season would be high.

It's not a good situation when a club cant or wont bring through their own talent.

We look like an organisation that only sees its academy as a factory for churning out lower league players that small fees can be made from.

It's the type of short sightedness that will eventually bury you.

An Everton manager has to make a stand and start playing some of these lads. Minutes here and there as appropriate.

Mills can easily adapt and play RWB.

If fans and management cant see that the lad has what it takes to hold his own at PL then that's their take.

David please stop trying to convert every player to RB because of your personal feelings towards the religious leanings of the club our current best RB prospect came from - it’s tiresome and obvious to all.

…I was just highlighting what I thought a few years ago as his best chance of coming through. I have to say that the signs aren’t good for any young attackers sent on loan with the frailty in those areas with this squad. If Mills, Dobbin and Cannon are to breakthrough I feel this is the time.

If they‘re highly rated Dyche would want access to them. This time next season they could well be behind Okoronkwo and even Sherif.
Think esp for cannon imo is the worse postion to come in for if it was in a forward line with another cf yes. But well being the only forward and the lack of goals is alot of pressure here. Wouldnt mind him as a third choice if dyche can give him enougj game time. Mills can playe rm and rb i think so with danjuma only a loan coleman another year older could loose both maybe. So my hope os that he has a good loan and comes back ready to fight for the rb and rw spot
The problem is though mate we finished last season with our lowest points total.

Sure, we've signed Danjuma but none of us know if he can do a job and if he gets a knock then are we scoring goals?

Think back to Bournemouth and how we didnt create anything in a game we had to win to stay up.

If we don't bring a couple in for the final third, we deserve to go down. Circling the drain is one thing but the clowns at this club are taking the piss.

I've not got the appetite for another relegation scrap, just signing a couple of half decent players in the final third will sort us.
Agree at this time the club has done nothing to really solve the problems we had had. Danjuma has replaced gordon what we had from the start of the season, have lost two of the top 3 cb got braithwaite young promising cb, young prob improves the cover we have and can see him starting at lb. But again another season when they have left getting a cf late in the window. I would be shocked if we can land toure now so we need to be attacking this window and make sure we have a good season

I think that most on here understand that signing strikers , in particular , is complicated and can be difficult , and also often time consuming.
However there is widespread cynicism /disbelief amongst the fanbase regarding the efforts being put in by the powers that be.
This stems from mistrust , due to being mislead /lied to (depending on your viewpoint) over the last 20-30 years. This is magnified by most transfer windows ending in a crushing feeling of disappointment and let down.
The club simply cannot afford to repeat this again , and Dyche must be given some attacking options , sooner rather than later, as we are drinking in the last chance saloon here.
I just hope that funds are there for Thelwell , and that it is he , along with the manager, who are identifying targets and pursuing them, and it has no involvement from anyone previously inhabiting the boys pen , with relatives called Cyril.

Disagree quite strongly with this tbh.

Everyone connected with the club knows how desperate we are for strikers. And we are about to go into a new season with only Neil Maupay available at centre forward. We haven't bought a player for a fee in 11 months.

We have 2 weeks to get Dyche a side that is ready to play premier league football, because right now, the manager has no chance with the options he has available. If the squad hasn't been improved by game 1 then it will have been a hugely negative transfer window.

I'm actually exasperated at the lack of strikers. I accept no excuses from the club, they don't deserve any benefit of the doubt.
The improvements to the first 11 for the opening game are Danjuma and maybe Young. That's it. Two weeks isn't enough time to do a deal and bring someone in that Dyche thinks is ready to start.

He’s a winger and you’ve proved my point from above
He played CF for the whole of Villareal's run to the CL semi-finals, scoring 6 in the process. It might not be his best or preferred position, but it's a very legitimate option.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.45.00.webp

The way we played when Dom came back in the team end of last season is probs what kept us up in the end. Although the goals weren't there, the high press from him pushes the entire team another 20 yards up the pitch and puts us in a great offensive position, gained from a turnover of possession.

That's not to say we can't replace him, but we need that type of player to get the best out of this team - McNeil especially.

You can see the entire team dropping back when Maupay does similar, because they don't have the faith that he'll enable a turnover and that creates a big gap between him and the midfield. So Maupay's isolated and the midfield is inviting pressure.
On the balance of things getting rid of DCL who is limited in game time for us and taking a chance on another forward is a gamble worth taking IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back