Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….was it Woan saying they want him “fit fit” which I assume means without any problems. I’m not sure anybody with a history of very serious thigh muscle injuries will ever reach that status but it seems they don’t want him breaking down after a few games.
Agreed , in other words he is very unlikely to be much use to us and increses even more the need to get a couple of strikers in.

Oh not this "wait till the end of the window " nonsense yet again.

The season starts in just over 2 weeks. We have a relatively easy start - we are going to need those points come the end of the season. Wake up man.
yeah if we're bringing 5 players in on deadline day and we've dropped a ballock by losing these first three games I hope the board gets dogs abuse.

Agreed and I think we’re trying to get them as seen by the links to Gnonto and Bilal Toure.

I just don’t understand why when we are heavily linked with players it’s the usual responses of ‘Danjuma will pick Milan’ ‘we won’t be getting Gnonto’ etc. all the same stuff we heard about Onana last summer

Yet one completely unsubstantiated tweet about DCL going on loan for free or god forbid a link to Che Adams and those things are definitely happening and it’s pile on Everton time again.

Let’s wait and see what the squad looks like at the end of the window. It still needs several new additions but we haven’t made a bad start. If we could sign Gnonto plus another striker I think we’d be in a decent position to keep away from relegation.
Again - that’s all great and dandy at the end of the window but what about the games and the points surrendering in the meantime? We’re not even sleepwalking into a relegation scrap again, we’re sprinting towards it.

And how can you blame people for being pessimistic? With the greatest of respect, Danjuma jibbed us 6 months ago so why would we not expect us to do it again? We allowed Atalanta to get a march on our ‘top target’ and have now spent all the window chasing a ghost.

There doesn’t seem to be any other whispers of a striker in the mould we need and people are going on about Gnoto like he’s nailed on. He’s been linked ‘strongly’ for weeks and not moved an inch. Think several heads need a wobble and a healthy dose of the reality of the situation. It’s grim.

….was it Woan saying they want him “fit fit” which I assume means without any problems. I’m not sure anybody with a history of very serious thigh muscle injuries will ever reach that status but it seems they don’t want him breaking down after a few games.
the problem is Eggs, he will and when he does do they give him another long lay off to get fit fit again?

The problem is though mate we finished last season with our lowest points total.

Sure, we've signed Danjuma but none of us know if he can do a job and if he gets a knock then are we scoring goals?

Think back to Bournemouth and how we didnt create anything in a game we had to win to stay up.

If we don't bring a couple in for the final third, we deserve to go down. Circling the drain is one thing but the clowns at this club are taking the piss.

I've not got the appetite for another relegation scrap, just signing a couple of half decent players in the final third will sort us.
I think the ultimate question will be is whether Frank Lampard was really that bad and whether Sean Dyche for a full season will be enough to get us that extra ten points to make us feel a bit more comfortable.

The squad is obviously lacking but I think Dyche is a better man manager than benitez and better tactically than Lampard to maximize their strengths. Add two more attackers (and even get rid of grey) and I think we will be more than fine.

I’d love another centre back but think Branthwaite should be given the chance to step up.

Agreed and I think we’re trying to get them as seen by the links to Gnonto and Bilal Toure.

I just don’t understand why when we are heavily linked with players it’s the usual responses of ‘Danjuma will pick Milan’ ‘we won’t be getting Gnonto’ etc. all the same stuff we heard about Onana last summer

Yet one completely unsubstantiated tweet about DCL going on loan for free or god forbid a link to Che Adams and those things are definitely happening and it’s pile on Everton time again.

Let’s wait and see what the squad looks like at the end of the window. It still needs several new additions but we haven’t made a bad start. If we could sign Gnonto plus another striker I think we’d be in a decent position to keep away from relegation.

I will wait and see what the squad looks like when we kick off against Fulham. Then I’ll judge them.

So lets put him to RWB where (assuming we ever play 5 at the back) he is ... 5th choice behind Patterson, Coleman, Young, Garner (because someone has been championing that lad starting as our RB).

Or our 3rd choice RM - behind Gray & Young. Which is his predominant position for the U21s

Just saying, championing the cause to push him into a more congested position looks a smidge like other propositions in multiple threads.
I agree that he should go out on loan this season i have said that. As i think would be great for him getting games and going up a level from the u21. He has played rb in the u21 and other positions. If the lad does have a good loan i have said maybe he could come back next season when coleman would be another year older maybe staying for the new ground, young could be gone. Garner dyche could want him as a cm and gray could be gone. So if the he could cover the rw and at rb, i cant say i kno alot about the lad but this loan will show what position the club wants him in. If he is versatile and can play both positions isny that a good thing

the problem is Eggs, he will and when he does do they give him another long lay off to get fit fit again?
It feels like the last throw of the dice with him this summer. They have sent him to Germany for mad physio and not playing him during pre-season. I presume he is on a strict regime and, if he breaks down again, there will be little more that can be done in the short term. All hope is defo not lost though

Is why we have to bring in more, i have got over what he has did last season. He is on loan for the full season so will give him that time then look at what he has done.
Of course but you know that not everybody is that level-headed. The problem, as I keep saying, is we may have run out of time to bring in a starting CF. If someone comes in this week then it's still a stretch to make their debut against Fulham

We will be judged every weekend on the pitch from the 12th August. I'll be judging us from week 1 when we play meaningful matches.

I certainly don't accept the judge us at the end of the window narrative. That is a narrative we've heard rolled out time and time again, and it's absolutely not good enough. We were told in Janaury we would have a striker. Instead we sold a player for over 40m and reinvested £0.

The lack of backing to Sean Dyche is an absolute joke. I want to see action immediately, because he currently has not got the players available to do his job properly. And when things go wrong, it's always the manager who takes responsibility, not the chairman or owner who have failed to back them properly.

I think the ultimate question will be is whether Frank Lampard was really that bad and whether Sean Dyche for a full season will be enough to get us that extra ten points to make us feel a bit more comfortable.

The squad is obviously lacking but I think Dyche is a better man manager than benitez and better tactically than Lampard to maximize their strengths. Add two more attackers (and even get rid of grey) and I think we will be more than fine.

I’d love another centre back but think Branthwaite should be given the chance to step up.
I've been thinking about this and, upon reflection, as much as I fought his corner and gave him a chance whilst he was here it was clear that he was woefully out of his depth. His little stint at Chelsea after us, plus some of the interviews he and a couple of players have conducted recently, just reinforces that.

I do think that, based on my early impressions of Dyche, he's much more suited for our position and not to mention he's also clearly far more experienced at this level (and a better 'man manager' for sure). We're in a better position now than we were at the start of last season IMO.

Of course but you know that not everybody is that level-headed. The problem, as I keep saying, is we may have run out of time to bring in a starting CF. If someone comes in this week then it's still a stretch to make their debut against Fulham
Yeah i would be shocked if we had a new cf starting against fulham if dcl aint fit. Only way i can see it is if this toure lad comes in, is again poor management by the club this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back