Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….believe me, if ‘someone is that good in time’ they will breakthrough. i first mentioned Mills quite a few years ago. I like his pedigree (his brother is one of GBs top milers and we all know about his Dad), his attitude and application are beyond question. I actually suggested converting him to RB, as you need to have top quality to reach the top as an attacker.

Saying that, I have no problem if recent managers have chosen not to use him and now decide to send him on loan. Decisions have to be made, we can’t give every youngster new deals and hope they come through. Mills and others will have been training with the first team for over 12 months, the manager and coaches will know what they have.
I think we're pretty well off for RFBs this season so no need to retain him for that. But beyond Iwobi and McNeil I dont see an awful lot of width - Gray is out of favour and will probably go. There's potentially a role to fill there.

No deal and if we are seriously considering selling him it has to be cash

Or swapping abraham with dcl...no money exchange, no options...just pure swap. Yes abraham is injured until probably December/January, but would then be fit for the rest of the season.

In the worst everton side for over 2 decades.

Dyche genuinely isn't the manager for the position we find ourselves in. He'll never get us out of the bottom third of the league consistently.
He got Burnley finishing 7th and Europe tbf.

But more important than that, he knows how to win a gun fight with a knife - and that's exactly where we are and what we need until we're in a position to kick on again.

"PL ready" means exactly what it says: he's ready to get some time there.

If you didn't recognise what he was doing last night then that's maybe the difference between someone who looks beyond eye catching individual skills on the night and those who cant manage that.
I do think he is close to being ready Dave, but a season playing every week will benefit him, and us, hugely.
We were playing League 1 opposition and the bar will be higher in the premiership, but a decent prospect nonethe less.

We are talking about everton here. Nothing surprises me anymore. Yes he is constantly injured, but he is the only attacking option we have...sell him and we are down...he may be fit for only 10 games this season, but that could be enough for 15 to 18 points on the board.
Maybe we don’t think he’ll be fit for 10 games this season. They are saying all the right things about getting him “properly fit” in public but if they were willing to sanction an exit that would say much more than words.

He got Burnley finishing 7th and Europe tbf.

But more important than that, he knows how to win a gun fight with a knife - and that's exactly where we are and what we need until we're in a position to kick on again.
It's crazy people are even thinking further than the bottom third of the league, the situation we are in is genuinely [Poor language removed] dire. The ship needs to be steadied and Dyche is doing a good job so far.

I think we're pretty well off for RFBs this season so no need to retain him for that. But beyond Iwobi and McNeil I dont see an awful lot of width - Gray is out of favour and will probably go. There's potentially a role to fill there.

…I was just highlighting what I thought a few years ago as his best chance of coming through. I have to say that the signs aren’t good for any young attackers sent on loan with the frailty in those areas with this squad. If Mills, Dobbin and Cannon are to breakthrough I feel this is the time.

If they‘re highly rated Dyche would want access to them. This time next season they could well be behind Okoronkwo and even Sherif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back