Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly have a horrible feeling davies will sign a new deal after training with the team again
Doubt it apparently been training with Bristol rovers and wouldn’t surprise me if he signed a 1 year deal there to get minutes and try to impress for a better deal somewhere next season. Mad that we offered him a contract I’m guessing it was on quite reduced wages and he thought he’d get a similar deal elsewhere but be a starter I’m surprised he hasn’t signed for anyone yet thought he would be a decent option for championship sides.

Anyone else concerned with the lack of transfer activity?

It simply reinforces the notion that Everton are the worst run sports team in modern history.
Massively concerned. I looked at my calendar yesterday and was shocked the season was so close to starting. I saw many saying "don't moan about pre season games" and I used to echo the same thing. But what was the point of that yesterday? Testing out all the youth?

People are already trying to convince themselves that we've somehow improved and things will be fine. It's like they've learnt nothing from the past few years. We're in major trouble again, unless we bring in several more players. It's a weak team and a laughably weak squad.

well either Myers is right and we are still in or Atalanta's media team are as slow as ours and all is done & dusted and Romano will post his HERE WE GO Toure to Atalanta in the next 48 hours lol
Hard to think with all the leaking that’s gone on so far he’d fly into Bergamo and get his medical done without a running commentary from Fab and his mates. Fab loves tap in stuff like that.

We will be judged every weekend on the pitch from the 12th August. I'll be judging us from week 1 when we play meaningful matches.

I certainly don't accept the judge us at the end of the window narrative. That is a narrative we've heard rolled out time and time again, and it's absolutely not good enough. We were told in Janaury we would have a striker. Instead we sold a player for over 40m and reinvested £0.

The lack of backing to Sean Dyche is an absolute joke. I want to see action immediately, because he currently has not got the players available to do his job properly. And when things go wrong, it's always the manager who takes responsibility, not the chairman or owner who have failed to back them properly.
Absolutely spot on mate. I'm tired of it always being the manager who's to blame. You're right with the board being blamed, but I also think the players need to be looked at too. Some of them have been a disgrace for years now and somehow get away with any blame. The Brighton win proved how they can play and I was shocked to hear fans around me say they wanted to give the players a lap of appreciation. They let us down again.

Our difficulty is , if we are honest with ourselves , that we are no longer that attractive , to the quality of strikers that we need to recruit. Effectively we are reaping what we have sown. Previous mismanagement at board level has led to a gradual demise into 2 desperate fights against relegation. Combine that with the boardroom turmoil, and would you want to sign for us ?.
I dont buy this mate, we know how much of a mess we are because we are looking inside the club on a daily basis but anyone from the outside especially foreign players wont know what we know.

For example how do you see say Lazio in Seria A or Valencia in La Liga over the length of time youve been following football? I would say they are big clubs (not the biggest) in their respective leagues and are known world wide and would be good clubs for most players to play for in strong leagues. The reality is we dont know how they are being run or how much money they are spunking up the wall or if their is unrest inside the club. They will be attractive to players regardless because of their status theyve built up over time.

Its a fact weve been in 2 relegation battles the last 2 years but this isnt the norm for our club.

BTW im not trying to tart up the mess were in, more just trying to say id guess we are not perceived by outsiders the same as we are by our own fans.

To me, it makes no sense for El Bilal to go to Atalanta.

Yes theyre a good side with a top coach. Yes its a great place to live. Also yes he'll have then played in France, Spain and Italy so good for his development no doubt.

But the premier league is the place to be.
Well if he does well in Seria A and Europe, he can go to better club than us plus No Bootle

Doubt it apparently been training with Bristol rovers and wouldn’t surprise me if he signed a 1 year deal there to get minutes and try to impress for a better deal somewhere next season. Mad that we offered him a contract I’m guessing it was on quite reduced wages and he thought he’d get a similar deal elsewhere but be a starter I’m surprised he hasn’t signed for anyone yet thought he would be a decent option for championship sides.
I know Davies is bad… but he’s not Bristol Rovers levels of bad 🤢

What in gods name is Kev doing? How long does it take to find a centre forward? Gross neglect again
It's the equivalent of making a list of things you need for your food shop, going to the Asda and when you get to the till, you have no money to pay. How are you meant to get the things you need if you haven't been given the money?

We've blamed countless DoF and others behind the scenes, but ultimately, we've been run into the ground. I'm still waiting for the striker that Moshiri promised us in Jan. I refuse to believe that several DoF cannot find players that we need. IMO, they'll have a list and unless we can pay with magic beans, they're being rejected as potential targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back