Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW im not trying to tart up the mess were in, more just trying to say id guess we are not perceived by outsiders the same as we are by our own fans.
I’m pretty sure I’d be doing my due diligence on any club my client was potentially going to, a look at the league table 2 seasons in a row would show we’re poor. I’d imagine fans chasing the players would pop up and everything about our finances and the mess we’re in and as a player if I hadn’t seen them play I’d watch what kind of football they have been playing. It would be mad to think they find out there’s interest and just turn up to look at a contract and it’s numbers.

More wonder whether they'd still sign him (or even if Toure would agree to sign) if they kept Hojlund.
Pretty sure they’ll sell him in the end but it damages their negotiating position if they sign Toure first. They’re then forced sellers of Hojlund.

If they stall Toure to get their ducks in a row first fine, but we don’t have the time to waste. So give him til the end of the day to accept our offer and if he wants to wait for Atalanta (but risk ending up with neither) so be it.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t have the best salary on the table so time to put him to the test.

Afternoon mates.

Welcome to the 26th July Everton transfer show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Mali striker El Bilal Toure, 21, has decided to join Atalanta from Almeria rather than Everton. (L'Equipe - in French)

Everton are in talks to bring in Italy forward Wilfried Gnonto, 19, from Leeds United. (Football Insider)

Young Everton forward Tom Cannon will be allowed to leave Goodison Park on loan amid plenty of interest once the Toffees complete deals to sign two attackers, according to Alan Nixon.

Cannon has had interest from Preston North End throughout the transfer window, having spent last season on loan at Deepdale with Stoke City and Birmingham City now entering the chase for his signature.

Lewis Warrington could be set to make a loan move to Plymouth Argyle after the club opened talks with Everton, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Football Transfers had reported on 4 July that the south coast club were interested in the Toffees midfielder, with another former Finch Farm graduate, Lewis Gibson, already having signed after rejecting a new contract on Merseyside.

According to Liverpool ECHO, EFC are in talks with Plymouth Argyle over a loan deal for Lewis Warrington.

According to Vital Football, League One side Oxford United are also in talks with Everton for the loan of Stanley Mills.

Everton are ready to accept offers for winger Demarai Gray this summer, sources have told Football Insider. Football Insider revealed on Tuesday (25 July) that Premier League duo Fulham and Crystal Palace are facing competition from Saudi Arabia for the 27-year-old’s signature.

Gray could now depart Goodison Park for a big profit just two years after arriving for a reported £1.7million from Bayer Leverkusen.

Everton are expecting to bring in two strikers shortly to reinforce their attacking options, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

In recent times, the Toffees’ recruitment has been, for want of a coarser word, lacklustre. A combination of ill-advised stop-gaps and unexpected damp squibs have slowly dragged the club into a perpetual battle for survival, and this summer, Sean Dyche has been left with the unenviable task of rejuvenating a squad without the obvious means to do so.

Thus far, that has led to nothing more than a couple of frugal, savvy acquisitions. Veteran wide man Ashley Young has arrived at Goodison Park on a free transfer, while Arnaut Danjuma - the Villarreal winger who slipped their clutches back in January - has signed on a season-long loan.

But if recent reports are to be believed, the pair could soon be joined by precocious Leeds United forward Wilfried Gnonto. According to Football Insider

According to Turkish publication Sporx, Everton are amongst the several European clubs considering a move for Deniz Dilmen. The young Istanbul Basaksehir goalkeeper has caught the attention of Wolves, Villarreal, and AC Milan, as well as the Toffees.

Andre Gomes has been criticised for his performance against Bolton Wanderers last night. The Liverpool Echo showed the Everton midfielder a disappointing 5/10 rating following the Toffees’ goalless draw against Bolton Wanderers, slamming the midfielder for being ‘sloppy’ and ‘off the pace’.

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been ‘proposed’ to Roma as they continue their hunt for a new centre-forward this summer. That’s according to Corriere dello Sport, who have the Everton man on the front page of their newspaper today.

The newspaper reports that Calvert-Lewin is the ‘latest name’ to be offered to the Italian side as they continue their hunt for a replacement for Tammy Abraham.

If you read the original tweet (translated obviously), the journalist ends it with 'that gets to me.' Presumably referring to us trying to outbid Atalanta. Don't see why that would upset a journalist, isn't that what happens all the time? Clubs outbid one another??

On a side note, if that is our plan, it is a stupid one because Atalanta are days away from having an absolute fortune.

Reactions: JLW
Afternoon mates.

Welcome to the 26th July Everton transfer show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Mali striker El Bilal Toure, 21, has decided to join Atalanta from Almeria rather than Everton. (L'Equipe - in French)

Everton are in talks to bring in Italy forward Wilfried Gnonto, 19, from Leeds United. (Football Insider)

Young Everton forward Tom Cannon will be allowed to leave Goodison Park on loan amid plenty of interest once the Toffees complete deals to sign two attackers, according to Alan Nixon.

Cannon has had interest from Preston North End throughout the transfer window, having spent last season on loan at Deepdale with Stoke City and Birmingham City now entering the chase for his signature.

Lewis Warrington could be set to make a loan move to Plymouth Argyle after the club opened talks with Everton, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Football Transfers had reported on 4 July that the south coast club were interested in the Toffees midfielder, with another former Finch Farm graduate, Lewis Gibson, already having signed after rejecting a new contract on Merseyside.

According to Liverpool ECHO, EFC are in talks with Plymouth Argyle over a loan deal for Lewis Warrington.

According to Vital Football, League One side Oxford United are also in talks with Everton for the loan of Stanley Mills.

Everton are ready to accept offers for winger Demarai Gray this summer, sources have told Football Insider. Football Insider revealed on Tuesday (25 July) that Premier League duo Fulham and Crystal Palace are facing competition from Saudi Arabia for the 27-year-old’s signature.

Gray could now depart Goodison Park for a big profit just two years after arriving for a reported £1.7million from Bayer Leverkusen.

Everton are expecting to bring in two strikers shortly to reinforce their attacking options, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

In recent times, the Toffees’ recruitment has been, for want of a coarser word, lacklustre. A combination of ill-advised stop-gaps and unexpected damp squibs have slowly dragged the club into a perpetual battle for survival, and this summer, Sean Dyche has been left with the unenviable task of rejuvenating a squad without the obvious means to do so.

Thus far, that has led to nothing more than a couple of frugal, savvy acquisitions. Veteran wide man Ashley Young has arrived at Goodison Park on a free transfer, while Arnaut Danjuma - the Villarreal winger who slipped their clutches back in January - has signed on a season-long loan.

But if recent reports are to be believed, the pair could soon be joined by precocious Leeds United forward Wilfried Gnonto. According to Football Insider

According to Turkish publication Sporx, Everton are amongst the several European clubs considering a move for Deniz Dilmen. The young Istanbul Basaksehir goalkeeper has caught the attention of Wolves, Villarreal, and AC Milan, as well as the Toffees.

Andre Gomes has been criticised for his performance against Bolton Wanderers last night. The Liverpool Echo showed the Everton midfielder a disappointing 5/10 rating following the Toffees’ goalless draw against Bolton Wanderers, slamming the midfielder for being ‘sloppy’ and ‘off the pace’.

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been ‘proposed’ to Roma as they continue their hunt for a new centre-forward this summer. That’s according to Corriere dello Sport, who have the Everton man on the front page of their newspaper today.

The newspaper reports that Calvert-Lewin is the ‘latest name’ to be offered to the Italian side as they continue their hunt for a replacement for Tammy Abraham.
How are things slower now than they were two weeks ago?

If you read the original tweet (translated obviously), the journalist ends it with 'that gets to me.' Presumably referring to us trying to outbid Atalanta. Don't see why that would upset a journalist, isn't that what happens all the time? Clubs outbid one another??

On a side note, if that is our plan, it is a stupid one because Atalanta are days away from having an absolute fortune.
I suspect it was a mistranslation. Probably should have been 'so I have heard' or something like that.

It is very likely that El Bilal will close today.
Indeed there is one last attempt by Everton, but there are no other players involved in the operation. The only option for the English to take him is to pay more than Atalanta, with whom there is a deal. That gets to me.

Pretty sure they’ll sell him in the end but it damages their negotiating position if they sign Toure first. They’re then forced sellers of Hojlund.

If they stall Toure to get their ducks in a row first fine, but we don’t have the time to waste. So give him til the end of the day to accept our offer and if he wants to wait for Atalanta (but risk ending up with neither) so be it.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t have the best salary on the table so time to put him to the test.

He can play RW as well.

Make it so...

Brobbey seems an odd one.

I think ‘that gets to me’ is just a poor translation of ‘that’s the information I have’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back